Day Trading Stocks & Futures

mohan.sic

That's right. But most of the time its taking my stoploss and going to my original direction. Can zerodha do something to trigger our stoploss because they are the biggest dis. brocker and they can access our data and use some algorithm to make that happen. I read they are doing prop trading. Comments please..........

For second part of your question - Please remove these myths from your head. Ofcourse these thoughts on taking stops, big players hunting retail sotps etc are there is market all the time and we import them and feel solace. So not to blame you on this part but we have to learn to overcome these.

kharikumaar

sumo bhai posted before i did. this topic is endless and a waste of time :DD

On a lighter note, you dont need exchange level anything and you dont need to pay a lot of money. ( though you should have alot of money to do it )
Its simple, large players have large stops, small has small stop. So keep moving mkt both sides larger than small stop 2X.

Small player has to turn this in his own favour, by being nimble which a large position cannot do.
By getting in and out more often if reqd, as iwillwin also wrote, small pos size and wider stop.
Lots of effective ways.

With ix fut, i will not have point stop, i will buy a slight higher delta in opp direction. so spurts dont make much diff. By EoD i can afford to loose decay also if nothing moves.
There might be many larger players that could do it at exchange level rather than at broker level. But you need to pay a lot of money to get that data.
though this is an endless discussion it is actually fun to discuss :D. whether zerodha does it is not the question , whether such things are a possibility.? yes i think they are a possibility .there are many cases i had read against large corporate players including NSE itself by SEBI of various such manipulative instances. There is a case against NSE of favouring some entities with a data feed which is some microseconds earlier to the others etc. which I think is still on.

can we do anything about such things--- NO.
so it would be better to try and work out a strategy for our stops . these discussions are good when we need to pass some time idly. and need a sounding board at times :D:D