Day Trading Stocks & Futures

dineshN

It's in net profit, but down 12% from highest peak. From top it was once 38% down with nifty at 7500.

Vivek
Ditto here. My PF also went down to about 38-40%. Just last two day back it is +1%. Same stocks from the list you put out few months ago (stocks suggested by ST).
Follow up question is, how to manage the PF. If nifty again goes down, PF would be in red again. How to handle it?

travi

Ditto here. My PF also went down to about 38-40%. Just last two day back it is +1%. Same stocks from the list you put out few months ago (stocks suggested by ST).
Follow up question is, how to manage the PF. If nifty again goes down, PF would be in red again. How to handle it?
it depends on how actively you want to manage and the timeframe :)

If you intend to hold for 5-10yrs or more, forget about managing. As more funds become available buy the dips.
On very LT, when corpus is 2X-3X you book then re-deploy are waiting for correction.

A slightly passive way is to use covered calls.

Actively, you need to read mkt well for this and buy puts.

super active, dump portf / stocks and re-enter lower.

hyper active, short the holdings intraday on down day.

superman, i'm yet to figure it out myself.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
it depends on how actively you want to manage and the timeframe :)

If you intend to hold for 5-10yrs or more, forget about managing. As more funds become available buy the dips.
On very LT, when corpus is 2X-3X you book then re-deploy are waiting for correction.

A slightly passive way is to use covered calls.

Actively, you need to read mkt well for this and buy puts.

super active, dump portf / stocks and re-enter lower.

hyper active, short the holdings intraday on down day.

superman, i'm yet to figure it out myself.
Waah mere Bhai, you are a champion...