Day Trading Stocks & Futures

lemondew

Ok cool 2013 is around a year before i came in. Saint were active before that I suppose. Just heard there was a website TSF . I know a few old members who had enrolled. Now madan is taking webinars. Just for info not advocating anything. Hence you werent invited.....

Joined May 27, 2013 Messages 2,114 Likes 6,183 Points 113

This is what my profile page says, don't know why you cant see it
Whats there to hide in it

Anyway will check if need to change some settings . . .

mohan.sic

Bhai..in my experience placing far order is not a good idea overall..
First you are missing the opposite rally..
Then it might seems lucky but will turn the trader into gambler...
And the house always wins in that case...

no no thats not the point...say if a ce is trading at 200 and you are bullish market now. Here i dont mean to place a order at 150 and expect it.

When you are bulish market..may be you buy one at 200 and and place another at 191 and another at 186 like that.
Far order i mean at a reasonable distance to take advantage of the few mts volatility based on the instrument and the level of strike.

Here there is no gamble.. just you slice the order for a possible extra few points..

kharikumaar

Yes...

I will try that now onwards..
getting back to trading psychology, this was one of my biggest stumbling blocks, the fear of stops getting hit, the fear of losing. that led me to only have limit orders and small stops and i used to see good trades which i should have taken going away because of this. subsequently of course i changed my trading strategy from the many strategies and sort of developed my method on the option chains readings. i also calculate the levels on the gann calculator with the first candle reading. then when i feel my trade building up i take 1 small position at market price. place the remaing 2 tranches on the gann prices which correspond at that point, has largely worked for me , since the trades are at 3 levels it averages out and reduces the stop loss distance, it also doesnt leave a big heartburn in case the price never reaches my limit orders since i have a position at market price.

and i also realised missing a trade is not the end of the world because there would always be another trade later . so instead of jumping in and taking a desperate trade which usually loses wait and decide.

of course this is the way i work. you will have to work out a method for yourself which is "comfortable." that's the operative word here.

one thing though having very tight and small stops may not always be good in my experience

no no thats not the point...say if a ce is trading at 200 and you are bullish market now. Here i dont mean to place a order at 150 and expect it.

When you are bulish market..may be you buy one at 200 and and place another at 191 and another at 186 like that.
Far order i mean at a reasonable distance to take advantage of the few mts volatility based on the instrument and the level of strike.

Here there is no gamble.. just you slice the order for a possible extra few points..
Yes..
You are right.. I normally buy at single price /order only..need to distribute the pricing

Ok cool 2013 is around a year before i came in. Saint were active before that I suppose. Just heard there was a website TSF . I know a few old members who had enrolled. Now madan is taking webinars. Just for info not advocating anything. Hence you weren't invited.....
Bhai Joke ko lightly lete hai . . .

was kidding not serious