Day Trading Stocks & Futures

andal

the solution to problem ii is a bit easy,
I have list of 100-120 scrips, and i trade them with some sort of signals but the rule is strict. Pure intra with SL.
What I carry are stocks only from portf. Portf is about 20-25 scrips which are mostly LC quality names and majorly from ST Da's list.
That way you'll most likely never get trapped. Even if 1-2 scrips become 0, Portf will still grow very well.

Prob i) Dont decide intraday what you'll do. When mkt is closed you decide where SL is, where tgt is, and where add is.
See Asian paints, it can go far higher, but i feel i got best part of juice. Hunt is always on.

Regarding missing trades, since the swing/pos are generally Long only, stay away from SM :DD
They're more bearish than mkt. Our job is to align with mkt, not SM.
I have done all kind of mistakes which a normal retail investor would ideally do and lost a lot of money. Lost good amount of money in Yes Bank (which was the biggest mistake I have ever done. A mistake without which life would have been great. But, that is how life is. It has been great learning lesson with a big cost attached to it)

I have allocated small amount of money for trading and decided to top up only if I stay profitable at the end of year. So far it is going good as neither I have made money nor lost much, account is still break even :)
Only expectation for this year is to learn trade management and hold onto to the initial amount.

travi

I have done all kind of mistakes which a normal retail investor would ideally do and lost a lot of money. Lost good amount of money in Yes Bank (which was the biggest mistake I have ever done. A mistake without which life would have been great. But, that is how life is. It has been great learning lesson with a big cost attached to it)

I have allocated small amount of money for trading and decided to top up only if I stay profitable at the end of year. So far it is going good as neither I have made money nor lost much, account is still break even :)
Only expectation for this year is to learn trade management and hold onto to the initial amount.
Then this year will be good for learning.
It ( has and ) will test all kind of people: bulls, bears, neithers, analysts, paper-traders and astrologers :DD

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
the solution to problem ii is a bit easy,
I have list of 100-120 scrips, and i trade them with some sort of signals but the rule is strict. Pure intra with SL.
What I carry are stocks only from portf. Portf is about 20-25 scrips which are mostly LC quality names and majorly from ST Da's list.
That way you'll most likely never get trapped. Even if 1-2 scrips become 0, Portf will still grow very well.

Prob i) Dont decide intraday what you'll do. When mkt is closed you decide where SL is, where tgt is, and where add is.
See Asian paints, it can go far higher, but i feel i got best part of juice. Hunt is always on.

Regarding missing trades, since the swing/pos are generally Long only, stay away from SM :DD
They're more bearish than mkt. Our job is to align with mkt, not SM.
Two things:
How the hell you track 100-120 scripts?
Kabhi apne system ki jhalak bhi dikhao, Demark toh samajh liya aapne :DD

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
My Avg in Asian Paints is around 1623 and HUL 1993.
2 Fear factors in mind which is affecting in the way I trade
i) I always get the feeling once I exit stock rallies
ii) I always keep holding of shares which are in loss (though off late I have strictly started keeping SL). By some time I hope I will become very strict in cutting losses
at last my long lost brother from Kumbha Mela... :p (we might have cricket team here with similar experience ;) )

for first, I have started being content with my target achievement. Once my target is booked, I don't care if it sky rockets 20% next hr. Nothing can be done about it. thinking about it will make you hold on to loss making scripts longer. Besides, this market is not hold and hope kind of market. Either you buy and forget (hdfc bank type stocks) or book profit and hunt for another script.

travi

Two things:
How the hell you track 100-120 scripts?
Kabhi apne system ki jhalak bhi dikhao, Demark toh samajh liya aapne :DD
simple scanner that filters scrips that have moved b/w range of 2 to 4pc from PDC. ( need to adjust as per mkt conditions )
Then check those near its intra DH/DL and breaking out of PDH/PDL.

At any given time you just have a few. then the rest is PA.

System is small % of success, execution is holy grail :DD

Last edited:

travi

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
simple scanner that filters scrips that have moved b/w range of 2 to 4pc from PDC. ( need to adjust as per mkt conditions )
Then check those near its intra DH/DL and breaking out of PDH/PDL.

At any given time you just have a few. then the rest is PA.

System is small % of success, execution is holy grail :DD
As long as it gets you at the right place at the right time, it's a good system.

Vivek