Day Trading Stocks & Futures

soft_trader

Any large property transaction, any large cash withdrawal,any large volume ( F & O traders are on radar as they have large volumes) .....in many cases just random cases picked...but with centralised processing, it has become easy to handle the scrutiny also....
Thanks for the info.

Do the taxmen harass in the name of scrutiny? I think I have read somewhere in the forum that you faced scrutiny. How long it takes for the scrutiny, as these sarkari babus may drag the case for long.

Thanks for the info.

Do the taxmen harass in the name of scrutiny? I think I have read somewhere in the forum that you faced scrutiny. How long it takes for the scrutiny, as these sarkari babus may drag the case for long.
Bhai tension mat lo.....concentrate on making money and pay the taxes due correctly.......dont be afraid of Tax Department.....no one harasses a genuine taxpayer but they take tax evaders to task.

Smart_trade

@Smart_trade Sir any suggestion to start learning TD like books etc. Actually I was going through Vivek ji thread but charts are missing there .
Start with Jesson Perl"s book...it is easy to understand...then go to DeMark's books.....DeMark's language is difficult so one needs patience to study the stuff .....

travi

I am still holding on to Asian Paints and HUL. Both these are swing trades and not sure of when to exit
HUL and asianpaints are both in portf and swing ( swing often becomes longer to positional ) trade.

So portf average maybe different but we dont worry about booking this one.

In asian paints case, i started buying around 1600, i think 1580 or so and it went below 1500. Near this level i averaged better ( The 2nd round if you remember my old post ). Then we dont avg any more.
Confidence comes from strong scrips. After that we hold, a few days ago booked half at 1600 and exited today.
No attachment to the trade or scrip.

HUL same story, but avg of round 1 is below 2k. This one still holding, cant say when it will break out.

andal

HUL and asianpaints are both in portf and swing ( swing often becomes longer to positional ) trade.

So portf average maybe different but we dont worry about booking this one.

In asian paints case, i started buying around 1600, i think 1580 or so and it went below 1500. Near this level i averaged better ( The 2nd round if you remember my old post ). Then we dont avg any more.
Confidence comes from strong scrips. After that we hold, a few days ago booked half at 1600 and exited today.
No attachment to the trade or scrip.

HUL same story, but avg of round 1 is below 2k. This one still holding, cant say when it will break out.
My Avg in Asian Paints is around 1623 and HUL 1993.
2 Fear factors in mind which is affecting in the way I trade
i) I always get the feeling once I exit stock rallies
ii) I always keep holding of shares which are in loss (though off late I have strictly started keeping SL). By some time I hope I will become very strict in cutting losses

andal

Today I had Colgate in my watchlist for trade, but never took the trade. There is something which resists me to think stock will not move

Daily chart
1590763876591.png

5 mins chart for today

1590763942670.png

Either I get too early into trade or I just don't take the trade at all once it starts going up. Not sure how to come out of this mind set

travi

My Avg in Asian Paints is around 1623 and HUL 1993.
2 Fear factors in mind which is affecting in the way I trade
i) I always get the feeling once I exit stock rallies
ii) I always keep holding of shares which are in loss (though off late I have strictly started keeping SL). By some time I hope I will become very strict in cutting losses
the solution to problem ii is a bit easy,
I have list of 100-120 scrips, and i trade them with some sort of signals but the rule is strict. Pure intra with SL.
What I carry are stocks only from portf. Portf is about 20-25 scrips which are mostly LC quality names and majorly from ST Da's list.
That way you'll most likely never get trapped. Even if 1-2 scrips become 0, Portf will still grow very well.

Prob i) Dont decide intraday what you'll do. When mkt is closed you decide where SL is, where tgt is, and where add is.
See Asian paints, it can go far higher, but i feel i got best part of juice. Hunt is always on.

Regarding missing trades, since the swing/pos are generally Long only, stay away from SM :DD
They're more bearish than mkt. Our job is to align with mkt, not SM.