Day Trading Stocks & Futures

pannet1

gentlemen dealing in equity cash,

the below is the real entry made. the slippage is huge according to me. if the broker was zero..., i think this much slippage would not have been there. can you please tell me if this is normal or i am mistaken.

1590578145609.png

i am sincerely looking forward for your inputs.

PS: My broke is Aliceblue

travi

Was going through the list. All the stocks that moved up significantly are components of either Nifty or Bank Nifty or both. Most other stocks were left on the curbside.

This rise seems to be aimed at tomorrow's expiry.

@travi . This is the example of the mythical operator in action. (As you were explaining to me earlier.)
correct bhai, this is the same guy(s).
The Operator behind every anomaly.

travi

gentlemen dealing in equity cash,

the below is the real entry made. the slippage is huge according to me. if the broker was zero..., i think this much slippage would not have been there. can you please tell me if this is normal or i am mistaken.

View attachment 42736

i am sincerely looking forward for your inputs.

PS: My broke is Aliceblue
you can read here
https://www1.nseindia.com/emerge_itp/trading/content/sme_trd_sys.htm

NSE explains how orders are matched.

Although your slippage is high, it is not abnormal.
Stock can be liquid most of the time, but at that point in time, if the spread jumps, then one can see larger slippage.

Given what NSE says about the SL Order book, how does it matter whether its Alice or Z when the orders are queued up at the exchange?
SL/Trigger order is NSE product ( if that's what you used), but in some broker orders like GTT etc where there is OMS <-> Exch latency, one can agree on the delay that could vary among brokers.

Last edited:

pannet1

you can read here
https://www1.nseindia.com/emerge_itp/trading/content/sme_trd_sys.htm

NSE explains how orders are matched.

Although your slippage is high, it is not abnormal.
Stock can be liquid most of the time, but at that point in time, if the spread jumps, then one can see larger slippage.

Given what NSE says about the SL Order book, how does it matter whether its Alice or Z when the orders are queued up at the exchange?
SL/Trigger order is NSE product ( if that's what you used), but in some broker orders like GTT etc where there is OMS <-> Exch latency, one can agree on the delay that could vary among brokers.
First it was not a SL/Trigger order, it is a LIMIT order
Second, market was at 297.8

What if the broker is having delayed quote.

travi

First it was not a SL/Trigger order, it is a LIMIT order
Second, market was at 297.8

What if the broker is having delayed quote.
Bhai, ur not getting the point.

1. All orders are queued at the exchange (in NSE servers ) . is this clear to you or not ?
That is why I asked if you are using a non-NSE order type just to avoid confusion. ( Like Z has GTT etc)
so argument of Broker variation can be rested ?
I don't know about Alice, can you share details if Alice has custom non-NSE order types and if you used that like IB.

2. You order shows Trigger price.
Trigger price are SL orders only. ( SL doesn't necessarily mean stop-loss of a losing trade )
This is a Buy order about the current LTP.
( Use NSE terminology to avoid more confusion, not anybody else's )

If regular Buy Limit price is above LTP, it simulates a MKT order and immediately gets executed.

( BUY) LIMIT order below LTP doesn't actually need a trigger although you can logically set one, but the interface i've seen are greying out the trigger price.
All this is in context of NSE orders.

so if one wants to BUY on an upside breakout, one will use trigger/SL orders. Then they could be mkt or limit.
Limit orders in a matching algorithm will in theory have a small threshold to fill. This is upto NSE and i've not come across a proper description of it.

Last edited:

pannet1

Bhai, ur not getting the point.

1. All orders are queued at the exchange (in NSE servers ) . is this clear to you or not ?
That is why I asked if you are using a non-NSE order type just to avoid confusion. ( Like Z has GTT etc)
so argument of Broker variation can be rested ?
I don't know about Alice, can you share details if Alice has custom non-NSE order types and if you used that like IB.

2. You order shows Trigger price.
Trigger price are SL orders only. ( SL doesn't necessarily mean stop-loss of a losing trade )
This is a Buy order about the current LTP.
( Use NSE terminology to avoid more confusion, not anybody else's )

If regular Buy Limit price is above LTP, it simulates a MKT order and immediately gets executed.

( BUY) LIMIT order below LTP doesn't actually need a trigger although you can logically set one, but the interface i've seen are greying out the trigger price.
All this is in context of NSE orders.

so if one wants to BUY on an upside breakout, one will use trigger/SL orders. Then they could be mkt or limit.
Limit orders in a matching algorithm will in theory have a small threshold to fill. This is upto NSE and i've not come across a proper description of it.
Thanks Ravi.

This is normal Buy LIMIT order above CMP and hence it simulated a MKT order. So Aliceblue is working as it is supposed to work.

So, i believe Z... must have worked on it internally so that we get a better fill instead of converting it to MKT order (and they don't need to advertise it).

I get it, overall its a bad idea to place Buy Limit order above CMP with any broker, in general.

Thanks once again for your patient explanation.