Day Trading Stocks & Futures

India doesn't needs monetary package..
All it needs is lean governments being process based..
all non core government entities should be privatized..

Business will automatically find its way..we indians are far more intelligent than rest of world..

andal

My attitude is like this, for intra i'm ok with around a 100 (selected from the top 150) from NSE.

For swing and pos, stock selection is very important. These are generally my PF stocks, that's about 20-25 stocks.
Most of them are from ST Da's list.

Given the above statement, many times we'll get into holding positions below entry.
Usually, i will not average unless its 5-10% down. Look at its volatility and average.
Then, allocate a budget for averaging the losing trade.
Average below the large drops in atleast 2 parts. That way you may average drops of upto 15%
Below that, no more average, work on strategies to hold bcos they are PF stocks else start exit strategy to sell the rallies if they're not top stocks.
You will know about this based on peer performance. If entire sector is tanking or mkt wide correction, look more to hold.
If its a single stock, be more aggressive on exit. ( find out why its falling if possible )

That was about loser, now winner. Since you are aware of TD :) Answer can be short.
Most of the time, I trade the setups. CD phase momentum is not strong pretty often.
If setup cancels, we can exit.
Suited for long only, bcos I don't carry overnight short in stocks.
Thanks @travi bro for your valuable inputs.

1588955935837.png

If you look at above chart, we exit once sell setup 9 is formed, is that correct?

Do you have any chart where setup got cancelled?

Good bye friends ,I would like to thank each of you for every experience shared, friendship made and the good times we had together. Like any environment of dynamics,I have seen good ,bad and ugly side of many , at the same time had virtual friendship with so many wonderful persons, moved along to present position, Hope this forum moves to new heights in spreading trading knowledge !!:)
Couldn't understand the meaning of this message. Am I missing something?
If you feel so, please take a break. And there are many members in the forum looking for messages from senior members like you. Of course I respect your right to decide what you wish to do.

travi

View attachment 42404
Above is Asian Paints charts, should we wait for buy setup to be formed to taken an entry?
if you read my post couple of days ago, i bought some at 1600 bcos it is also a previous TDST support :)
Qty was small so i added a bit more so avg is like 1575.

Ofc, i could add to above post, if price hovers above TD support, good place to buy. If it is broken then avoid.
Same with TD resistance where you can decide if momentum calls for booking or holding BO.