Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Good bye friends ,I would like to thank each of you for every experience shared, friendship made and the good times we had together. Like any environment of dynamics,I have seen good ,bad and ugly side of many , at the same time had virtual friendship with so many wonderful persons, moved along to present position, Hope this forum moves to new heights in spreading trading knowledge !!:)
Xray27 .. i know u very old member .. infact u know me too in other id .. why leaving .. please stay

Good bye friends ,I would like to thank each of you for every experience shared, friendship made and the good times we had together. Like any environment of dynamics,I have seen good ,bad and ugly side of many , at the same time had virtual friendship with so many wonderful persons, moved along to present position, Hope this forum moves to new heights in spreading trading knowledge !!:)
I have not been very active in the last 2-3 days, so I must have missed something. There were some posts pending approval, some private messages to respond to, but that apart I have hardly read any posts in the forum. If possible, let us know the reason. If not, all the best to you in everything. The forum has been enriched by your presence here.

Reliance Industries to sell stake in Asian Paints through block deal. : ET Now. RIL has 4.9% in Asian Paints currently worth Rs 7,500 crore.

Asian Paint bhi manage tha :p
@siddhant4u bhai, RIL would have already finalized the counter party who woul buy their stake and also the price at which the deal would happen, before leaking this information ? Otherwise if such huge selling happens through normal manner, then this could crash the price big time !

Does any friends here have the idea, how such big deals are actually executed in the trading terminals by them ? Do they place the limit sell order in one terminal and limit buy order in other terminal, at the same time, or what ?

Best Regards

AJK

I would like to write my honest opinion here. Trading is not about the economy. It is not about the government. It is not about migrant laborers. It is not about BJP or Congress. It is also not about different religions. Hell, it is not even about news. It is not about our knowledge relating to non-trading things. It is not about proving our point right. It is not about proving the other guy wrong. It is not even about getting likes on this forum. It is not even about traders vs. investors. Even investors are long term traders. You can be right or wrong if you change the time frame in most cases. I think this is where most of us differed with @Smart_trade. Even @ncube is a nice person and shared many good insights on this website. Both of them along with @vivektrader and @Riskyman did provide lot of knowledge on this forum.

Trading is about executing our transactions without any attachment.

We should delink our ego with trades. Only then one would be successful.

I am not expecting a debate on this. I would refuse to reply or even defend myself if this gets dragged into another useless conversation. I just told what I thought about it. If this perspective helped you, it is well and good. If not, please ignore.

PS:
I am currently reading Valmiki Ramayana. I try to understand the inner meanings of Ramayana and Bhagavatha. Rama killed Vali from behind. Vali is the representation of our Ahankara. Sugriva is Buddhi in us. This a part of my understanding of Ramayana.
Not to argue but expressing my thoughts..

I like this platform very much.. i know no one here may value my thoughts and nobody knows me here, I too have no idea whoever are posting their thoughts here... we don't need to... But i value their thoughts. More than that I'm happy about the fact that I'm able pour out my thoughts here in reply to others, whether domestic national international or even universal.. and i fear no trolls here like in FB and other sites because almost all members here are thoughtful and intellectual i think..

I think a successful market participant should have an idea of everything that affect market. A healthy market needs healthy country, which needs a healthy world... Believing that the couple of indicators in a trading system would give safety in market is fool's paradise.. when it is rightly connected with current scenario and market psychology, then only we can make it a success i think. I can share a trading system of mine, but it'd only make others lose money. because as far as in my case, i believe i am the system, not the trend lines and SMAs on the screen...

And.. we can live in two ways. One is the normal way; born, learn, earn, eat, and die. Other include one more thing, contribute..

Our visionaries are the makers of our world, for our future generations. Some think years ahead, some think decades ahead, and some a century.. kudos to everyone trying to make the world a better place for our young ones..

Last edited:

travi

For swing trade, what should be the target we should look for booking profits.

Luckily picked up few at 1910, though my avg now stands at 1990. I generally either get out at cost or keep holding them in losses. Trying very hard to overcome this behavior
My attitude is like this, for intra i'm ok with around a 100 (selected from the top 150) from NSE.

For swing and pos, stock selection is very important. These are generally my PF stocks, that's about 20-25 stocks.
Most of them are from ST Da's list.

Given the above statement, many times we'll get into holding positions below entry.
Usually, i will not average unless its 5-10% down. Look at its volatility and average.
Then, allocate a budget for averaging the losing trade.
Average below the large drops in atleast 2 parts. That way you may average drops of upto 15%
Below that, no more average, work on strategies to hold bcos they are PF stocks else start exit strategy to sell the rallies if they're not top stocks.
You will know about this based on peer performance. If entire sector is tanking or mkt wide correction, look more to hold.
If its a single stock, be more aggressive on exit. ( find out why its falling if possible )

That was about loser, now winner. Since you are aware of TD :) Answer can be short.
Most of the time, I trade the setups. CD phase momentum is not strong pretty often.
If setup cancels, we can exit.
Suited for long only, bcos I don't carry overnight short in stocks.