Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sridhga

Today my portf goes home with quite a big single day dent :|

banks, nbfc, amc & insurance, all in one basket.

At one point of time 50% of my portfolio was VST Industries. I had seen single day drop of Rs. 10 Lakhs. That was when taxes on cigarettes was raised steeply. I used to celebrate those days, call my relatives and tell them my porfolio dropped by so much. My excitement was mainly because I added more shares on those days.

Let me tell you, later, I had seen a single day Increase of Rs. 20 lakhs in my portfolio due to the same share. I exited VST long time ago. Now I don't own any sin companies.

I am just sharing my experiences. What I want to tell is that this may prove to be a blessing in the long run.

Now let me also share my view.

But is this comparable to Financial Services industry of today? I do not know. I personally do not have a great opinion on India's Financial Services Industry. I may differ on this matter with many others on this forum. I believe that industry may have to go through a lot of pain going forward. I may be wrong as well. So, maybe you should diversify into contra sectors like consumer/pharma?

Unsolicited opinion? Please ignore it, then.

Last edited:

travi

At one point of time 50% of my portfolio was VST Industries. I has seen single day drop of Rs. 10 Lakhs. That was when taxes on cigarettes was raised steeply. I used to celebrate those days, call my relatives and tell them my porfolio dropped by so much. My excitement was mainly because I added more shares on those days.

Let me tell you, later, I had seen a single day Increase of Rs. 20 lakhs in my portfolio due to the same share. I exited VST long time ago. Now I don't own any sin companies.

I am just sharing my experiences. What I want to tell is that this may prove to be a blessing in the long run.

Now let me also share my view.

But is this comparable to Financial Services industry of today? I do not know. I personally do not have a great opinion on India's Financial Services Industry. I may differ on this matter with many others on this forum. I believe that industry may have to go through lot of pain going forward. I may be wrong as well. So, maybe you should diversify into contra sectors like consumer/pharma.

Unsolicited opinion? Please ignore it, then.
Nah, nothing to ignore.

Its generally a right thought process that you've noted. I've enough diversification, in all sectors. Last time, I was a bit slow in deploying. Then had to average a bit higher than what i'd have liked :)
A T1 became T2 for liq fund redemption but overall still +ve even after today and few more days also.
Enough firepower to deploy on dips, bcos we're booking on rallies too.

travi

Any gold ETFs to suggest. Any important points to know about these ETFs before investing?

Sent from my Realme1 using Tapatalk
all are fine since i last checked. Biggest problem is of liquidity so I would rather choose based on good traded volume.
Thats why I use Goldbees .
Any other Advantage ? goldbees used to be equivalent of 1gm, but now its 1/100 of a gm so it is more liquid and u can buy/sell in smaller fractions too.