Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ncube

I think curves are not shown negatively correlated ….because broadly both of them are moving up ..right ?
And the smoothing took place and looked beautiful because broadly both its constituents are pointing same direction with just deviations at narrow level.

How can we get strategies with zero correlation ? correlation as a concept we use to mitigate risk. And traders use this at asset class level to take advantage of price movement. But not able to understand the possibility at strategy level on same asset class. That too 4 or 5 strategies having near to zero correlation on same instrument is something I am not able to understand by logic. I am saying this because, we cannot have a ideal coefficient maintained even for 2 set of rules. How can we manage on 4 or 5.
I meant the curve between the 2 vertical dotted lines. Yes, identifying zero correlation strategies are difficult, but it can be constructed and its a big topic in itself and we can discuss it some other time..:). Also designing multiple strategies having near zero co-relation on same instrument is much more difficult. However its much easier to trade same strategy on multiple instruments whose returns are not co-related...

Yes sir!! I did not know about the limit down of it. Thanks for pointing that to me :)

Haan par agar humare paas 50k ya 5 L ka capital ho, tho possible hai! Upon my father's advise I picked up some significant quantities of GMMP Faudler at nearly 2800 a piece. He has been holding many for the last 8 to 9 ysr almost at an avg cost of 90 or 95 I think. We recently had a discussion about that and IFB industries and other shares I was recommended to hold on a positional basis.

DMart I am discounting ji :D
Good that your father adviced you to invest in some stock atleast......you said somewhere that your father invested small amount in GMMP Faudler and holding for 7-8 years....keep investing in good stocks ,it will help build some serious wealth if kept for long time.....

Your father held on to the shares in downturns and upturns he did not get disturbed and dumped the stock on first sign of any downmove...I also have some stocks bought 15-18 years back for Rs 500 and they are worth Rs 75000 each even in current downmaket...I have kept photocopy of the stock certificate in physical form before they were sent for dematting...

DMart to buy or not is individual choice but I have been buying DMart and Bajaj Finance from when the price was Rs 700 thereabouts...and mentioned in the forum in real time not long ago...not like mentioning after it goes to 2000 or 4000.

Smart_trade

Good that your father adviced you to invest in some stock atleast......you said somewhere that your father invested small amount in GMMP Faudler and holding for 7-8 years....keep investing in good stocks ,it will help build some serious wealth if kept for long time.....

Your father held on to the shares in downturns and upturns he did not get disturbed and dumped the stock on first sign of any downmove...I also have some stocks bought 15-18 years back for Rs 500 and they are worth Rs 75000 each even in current downmaket...I have kept photocopy of the stock certificate in physical form before they were sent for dematting...

DMart to buy or not is individual choice but I have been buying DMart and Bajaj Finance from when the price was Rs 700 thereabouts...and mentioned in the forum in real time not long ago...not like mentioning after it goes to 2000 or 4000.

Smart_trade
Thank you ji :) individual choice wise like you had indicated I am not inclined on DMart though. Maybe the technical manufacturing ones and others interest me more .

I am also going on record by saying I have bought small quantities of Astra Zeneca additionally. But these are for complete long term. I will also invest in IEX, MCX & Ion Exchange. The rationale is that MCX is a specialized exchange and IEX also. But time is not yet ripe for IEX I strongly feel. Astra Zeneca is being picked because it is a specialized pharma company.

Deepak Nitrite, Navin Fluorine, IGL & Alkyl Amines will be the other ones from the CMP, I am going to add in addition to the other ones mentioned above. These are all specialized chemicals companies and from a purely positional play and as per my technical indicator, these are buy and hold for 8 to 12 months, post which I will take a call.

Having said, trading however is going to become my daily bread & butter because the invested money's worth I really cannot touch it for my daily expenses and running the house. I am soon taking plunge as full-timer :) intraday and swing it is going to be.

edit: IGL is not. It is into gas distribution.

Thank you ji :) individual choice wise like you had indicated I am not inclined on DMart though. Maybe the technical manufacturing ones and others interest me more .

I am also going on record by saying I have bought small quantities of Astra Zeneca additionally. But these are for complete long term. I will also invest in IEX, MCX & Ion Exchange. The rationale is that MCX is a specialized exchange and IEX also. But time is not yet ripe for IEX I strongly feel. Astra Zeneca is being picked because it is a specialized pharma company.

Deepak Nitrite, Navin Fluorine, IGL & Alkyl Amines will be the other ones from the CMP, I am going to add in addition to the other ones mentioned above. These are all specialized chemicals companies and from a purely positional play and as per my technical indicator, these are buy and hold for 8 to 12 months, post which I will take a call.

Having said, trading however is going to become my daily bread & butter because the invested money's worth I really cannot touch it for my daily expenses and running the house. I am soon taking plunge as full-timer :) intraday and swing it is going to be.

edit: IGL is not. It is into gas distribution.
Good luck...I very sincerely hope that you succeed in full time trading .....

travi

When recovered cases in rises above new active cases in last 24hours, we will have reprieve from the disease progression and flattening of curve (left lower>right upper)

Vivek
If i may add, these two values also subject to exponential drop and rise.
that is to say,
that although linear distance b/w 46 and 327 looks big, if tables, turn 46 can rise pretty fast and can catch up even in a couple of weeks.

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
If i may add, these two values also subject to exponential drop and rise.
that is to say,
that although linear distance b/w 46 and 327 looks big, if tables turn 46 can rise pretty fast and can catch up even in a couple of weeks.
Yes once they diverge, they will meet in the middle ground fast (very fast)

Vivek