Day Trading Stocks & Futures

soft_trader

please share the ink of both videos

and no, I still stick to what I posted, may be with variation.
the 2 videos were shared/released on different days.

we are not getting newspaper since last 3 days, so cant get news in detail, so has to depend on news channels/other sources
No problem. You stick to your opinion and I with mine. Cheers.

Link 1: About Janta curfew

Link 2: About 3 week lockdown

Last edited:

ncube

Just clearing Not all questioning our friend vivek bhai. He has done very well last year. Only wanted to point out I have also seen drawdowns.....
best wishes for him this year. hopefully his stocks would do well...

2. Skipping trades and reducing trade size..

If we risk 5%/day when we ar at peak and confident after 5 loosing days we loose approx 25%. After that if we cut size and risk 3%/day and have 5 winning days gaining 3% per day reduced risk.. we gain approx 15% we will still be down 10% though theoretically if we had run as it is we would have gained back the peak...

:p:p I think every trader is frustrated that he scaled down at wrong time and scaled up at wrong time. Sometimes we feel smart for skipping a loosing day ;)..... Sometimes it works sometimes it works out badly......Also one day you skip trade and it turns out a big day:banghead::banghead::banghead:. Common problems.

It returns to mean i guess in long run...
@lemondew, just to add to what ST da has mentioned, the risk %age for a given trade depends solely on the market condition and volatility when the trade is initiated right?. The max risk per trade for our strategy is just a reference value based on our historical back-testing and does not mean we should take max risk on each of our trades.

Regarding the number of trades per day it depends on the strategy you are following, if their is a trade signal one should always take it else it will become discretionary and not systematic.

If you get a chance and are interested try studying the trade logs on Madan's blogpost. He has been kind enough to share all the information online and if you ask me the data is enough to give a deep insight into how a professional trader executes his trades.

Its not correct of me to give the details as @madank would be the right person to talk about it, but I can give you some hits that you can learn.
1. It is not that trading for the day is stopped after 1 or 2 trades and any new signals generated later are skipped. Rather the strategy is designed such that it generates max 1 or 2 trades per day on average and all trades are taken if trade signal is generated. Understand the difference.
2. Further, If you want to know the holy grail, study the data little more deeply, there is a unique factor in his trading style and it is not just the strategy edge, position sizing, Risk/Money management or psychology.. know it and you will be enlightened...:)

Last edited:
I think this is complicating. Keep a fixed percentage of your account size as max loss for day. Manage your positions accordingly. No other tweaking 2 trades or 20 trades one should have a day stop so that the systems edge is not dependent on few days..... If one keeps a 7% account loss as done for day and take 10,trades a day a day no issues... . 9 consecutive all loss day or -90 consecutive losses and you account will be like nifty down 45% which is rare both nifty down 45% and you taking 90 consecutive losses. Talking for stocks. Futures are complicated
If this is complicating then find out simpler solutions yourself.....answering beyond this is beyond my limited intelligence,knowledge and experience..so I pass your questions.....

Smart_trade

lemondew

Ncube,

I will go through it. Just want to state there is no rule in my system that first 2 trades would work well and 3 and 4 doesnt. Or 5 and 6 has still lower probability.

For my system There is no realty that budget high volatile days means stop would be hit. Targets wont hit. Or things don't work out. It all depends on your strategy. And madan has seen big drawdowns.....

These are filters for fitting data which may work...

Anyways
@lemondew, just to add to what ST da has mentioned, the risk %age for a given trade depends solely on the market condition and volatility when the trade is initiated right?. The max risk per trade for our strategy is just a reference value based on our historical back-testing and does not mean we should take max risk on each of our trades.

Regarding the number of trades per day it depends on the strategy you are following, if their is a trade signal one should always take it else it will become discretionary and not systematic.

If you get a chance and are interested try studying the trade logs on Madan's blogpost. He has been kind enough to share all the information online and if you ask me the data is enough to give a deep insight into how a professional trader executes his trades.

Its not correct of me to give the details as Madan would be the right person to talk about it, but I can give you some hits that you can learn.
1. It is not that trading for the day is stopped after 1 or 2 trades and any new signals generated later are skipped. Rather the strategy is designed such that it generates max 1 or 2 trades per day on average and all trades are taken if trade signal is generated. Understand the difference.
2. Further, If you want to know the holy grail, study the data little more deeply, there is a unique factor in his trading style and it is not just the strategy edge, position sizing, Risk/Money management or psychology.. know it and you will be enlightened...:)

lemondew

What i thought was edge lies somewhere else and may or may not be on these factors....
Yup may be curbing trading in volatile sessions. But volatility expansion when we are on right side can give explosive returns which may be missed on reducing.

And on security side by curbing trade we are living for better days to trade...

If this is complicating then find out simpler solutions yourself.....answering beyond this is beyond my limited intelligence,knowledge and experience..so I pass your questions.....

Smart_trade

Dow is up 480 points but it is so volatile that it is difficult to judge whether it will close in negative or 500 points up or 1000 points up....

ncube

Ncube,

I will go through it. Just want to state there is no rule in my system that first 2 trades would work well and 3 and 4 doesnt. Or 5 and 6 has still lower probability.

For my system There is no realty that budget high volatile days means stop would be hit. Targets wont hit. Or things don't work out. It all depends on your strategy. And madan has seen big drawdowns.....

These are filters for fitting data which may work...

Anyways
Are you sure madan strategy has seen big drawdowns ;).. Looks like that but in reality it hasnt....check properly again...that's the key...:)

lemondew

The first time he started it it went bust. This one i haven't followed. Do you know last time he started it it went all the way to nothing in 2015. He restarted it. So is this same strategy? How many trades has he taken in all.... See in my opinion investment and trading system has cycles.

I have both doubled and halved my accounts. If you double an account after it is halved the returns are 400% from bottom...

Sorry i dont get carried away very quickly.
Are you sure madan strategy has seen big drawdowns ;).. Looks like that but in reality it hasnt....check properly again...that's the key...:)