Day Trading Stocks & Futures

checkmate7

lets say Nifty will fall from 12000 to 6000 then to 15000 , will you buy in dips :DD
Bhai gold you can not only invest in Mcx but physical too :)

Bhai I am waiting for Nifty to fall more abhi to kuch bhi nahi gira, havent yet started investing...last 2 year was only doing day/swing...
And yes if goes to 6000 will invest and forget it like FD :DD

XRAY27

sridhga

Sr. Company Name
1 Bajaj Finance Ltd.
2 HDFC Bank Ltd.
3 Pidilite Industries Ltd.
4 Asian Paints Ltd.
5 Berger Paints India Ltd.
6 Britannia Industries Ltd.
7 Colgate Palmolive (India) Ltd.
8 Dabur India Ltd.
9 Godrej Consumer Products Ltd.
10 Havells India Ltd.
11 Hindustan Unilever Ltd.
12 ITC Ltd.
13 Marico Ltd.
14 Nestle India Ltd.
15 Titan Company Ltd.
16 HCL Technologies Ltd.
17 Infosys Ltd.
18 MindTree Ltd.
19 Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.
20 Tech Mahindra Ltd.
21 Page Industries Ltd.
22 Container Corporation of India Ltd.
23 Coal India Ltd.
24 Bosch Ltd.
25 Eicher Motors Ltd.
26 Exide Industries Ltd.
27 Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.
28 Aurobindo Pharma Ltd.
29 Divi's Laboratories Ltd.
30 Indraprastha Gas Ltd.

Someone has shared this list of top 30 companies for investment,
can it be further reduced to include only to 10 or 15 Companies.

Thanks

EDIT: Can add your own names or even present a completely different list

I am not excited about banks on the list. Banks had tremendous growth in the last 20 years. HDFC Bank benefitted the most during that time. Now with most Indians already on some bank network or other, there is not going to be such a big scope for new penetration. Moreover, UPI transactions/Rupay have taken away the differences between these banks. ICICI/Axis/HDFC Bank grew on the new technologies. That edge is now gone. But quality of management still matters. There are many banks now on the block offering accounts/loans. Nothing distinguishes them from one another. No more economic moats. (Possibly same with NBFCs).

I will not look at Indian Pharma. No economic moats. Instead I will look at Pfizer, Abbott, GSK etc.

Our Software companies do not have economic moats. If at all one of them has any kind of edge, that is TCS. It's edge is both on economies of scale and on good execution.

I would like to add Life Insurance companies HDFC Life, SBI Life, ICICI Pru, Max Financial etc. Also AMCs. Life insurance is upcoming, very profitable and underpenetrated in India. (~8%)

Auto is cyclical and not my favourite.

Govt. companies! Oh, come on. You expect Coal India to build wealth for you? If they had more money they would increase salaries before the next elections. They do not automate in that company because they do not want to reduce employment in those tribal states.

Indraprastha is another Govt. Co. solely surviving on monopoly. Its profits would be squandered as well.

Right now these are my thoughts.

Last edited:
I am not excited about banks on the list. Banks had tremendous growth in the last 20 years. HDFC Bank benefitted the most during that time. Now with most Indians already on some bank network or other, there is not going to be such a big scope for new penetration. Moreover, UPI transactions/Rupay have taken away the differences between these banks. ICICI/Axis/HDFC Bank grew on the new technologies. That edge is now gone. But quality of management still matters. There are many banks now on the block offering accounts/loans. Nothing distinguishes them from one another. No more economic moats.

I will not look at Indian Pharma. No economic moats. Instead I will look at Pfizer, Abbott, GSK etc.

Our Software companies do not have economic moats. If at all one of them has any kind of edge, that is TCS. Their edge is both economies of scale as well as good execution.

I would like to add Life Insurance companies HDFC Life, SBI Life, ICICI Pru, Max Financial etc. Also AMCs. Life insurance is upcoming, very profitable and underpenetrated in India. (~8%)

Auto is cyclical and not my favourite.

Govt. companies! Oh come on. You expect Coal India to build wealth for you? If they had more money they would increase salaries before the next elections. They do not automate in that company because they do not want to reduce employment in those tribal states.

Indraprastha is another Govt. Co. solely surviving on monopoly. Its profits would be squandered as well.

Right now these are my thoughts.
Hi

Thanks for your inputs

So forgetting the list if you have to pick 10/15 names from the entire equity universe,
what would they be?

Also when allocating funds, should it be equal 8/10% for every one or
some weight-age can be arrived for differential allocation for each one.

Thanks