Day Trading Stocks & Futures

What a week! What surprised me is that there were no complaints/reports on here about IT/server issues at brokers. Mine was slower than usual but worked throughout the carnage/recovery on Thurs/Fri. Most traders must've just frozen watching the action - so no real load on the servers.

What I'm most pleased about is that we'll have a few days/weeks of limit orders not being front run by 5 paisa in/decrements. Somebody turned those algos off Thurs/Fri.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Coronavirus impact: FPIs press panic button, withdraw ₹37,976 cr from the Indian market

Foreign portfolio investors (FPIs) have withdrawn a whopping ₹37,976 crore on a net basis from the Indian markets in March so far amid the coronavirus pandemic triggering fears of a global recession.

Overseas investors pulled out a net sum of ₹24,776.36 crore from equities and ₹13,199.54 crore from the debt segment between Mar 2-13, depositories data showed.

This translates into a total net outflow of ₹37,975.90 crore during the period under review.
Prior to this, foreign investors were net buyers for six consecutive months since September 2019.

"The spread of coronavirus outbreak, which has now been declared a pandemic, and continued slowdown in the global economy, has created a vicious cycle which is consuming investors worldwide," said Himanshu Srivastava, senior analyst manager research, Morningstar Investment Adviser India.

Global markets reeled last week after the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the coronavirus outbreak a pandemic, and expressed deep concern over the "alarming levels of inaction".
Given the ongoing scenario, foreign investors have taken a flight to safer investment options, such as dollar denominated asset classes and gold as against fixed income securities of emerging markets like India, he added.

Going forward, as coronavirus crosses boundaries and affects other countries, it may have a more serious impact on the already slowing global economy and on foreign flows into emerging markets such as India, Srivastava said.

"The markets have been very volatile all over the globe. Many countries are expected to announce stimulus packages and tax breaks to support various industries as they deal with the effects of this virus' outbreak. When such announcements are made, investors' sentiments are expected to change," said Harsh Jain, co-founder and COO at Groww.

https://www.livemint.com/market/sto...cr-from-the-indian-market-11584246756104.html

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Coronavirus Pandemic: India Becomes Fifth Country To Isolate Coronavirus

India has become the fifth country to successfully isolate a strain of the novel coronavirus. China, Japan, Thailand and the US did it before.

Simply put, it means that scientists have been able to obtain a pure sample of the virus that has been contained outside the human body.

The scientific success is important because it will help in developing drugs, vaccines and rapid diagnostic test kits, the director general of Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Dr Balram Bhargava, said.
He added that the isolation of the novel coronavirus, the agent responsible for the ongoing outbreak of Covid-19, wasn't easy as India had fewer positive cases when they started the project.

"Total 21 throat swab and nasal swab samples were examined for this purpose. Of that, 11 tested positive and eight strains could be isolated from among them. They are 99.98% identical with the strain of the virus that led to outbreaks in Wuhan in China," said Dr R R Gangakhedkar, chief epidemiologist at ICMR. He added that now scientists can test whether a drug will work against the virus or not to develop rapid diagnostic kits.

The isolation of this virus will also help in understanding the biology and evolution of the novel coronavirus, say ICMR experts. Till date, there is no cure for Covid-19. Also, there is no preventive vaccination.

Anti-HIV drugs lopinavir and ritonavir have been tried on some Covid-19 patients, including the Italian national admitted at Sawai Man Singh hospital in Jaipur, with promising results. But the scientists said it is too early to conclude the efficacy.

However, the scientists will still need between 18 months-two years to develop a Covid-19 vaccine even if the clinical trials are expedited, the government said.

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com...-isolate-coronavirus/articleshow/74620323.cms

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/coron...-to-isolate-coronavirus-11-strains-identified

Raj232

Good personal hygiene is the only best way to control the spread. Because so far there is no evidence that warmer weather will reduce the spread.
as long as those uncouth idiots keep spitting pan and other salivary stuff on the roads and piss and shit by the roadside, nothing is going to change unfortunately.
Personal hygiene is only one of the factors. Staying away from crowds / working from home .. even before infection ... would be the ideal method.
1584284315831.png

All the best !! Happy and safe weekend to you, family and countrymen !!

checkmate7

IDFC First to invest ₹250 crore in Yes Bank

IDFC First Bank on Sunday said it will make an equity investment of ₹250 crore in beleaguered Yes Bank to acquire 25 crore equity shares.

"...duly authorized committee of the Board of Directors of IDFC FIRST Bank Ltd had at its meeting held on March 14, 2020 accorded approval for an equity investment of upto ₹250 crores comprising upto 25 crore equity shares at a price of ₹10 each and face value of ₹2 each, under the proposed Scheme of Reconstruction of Yes Bank Ltd under the Banking Regulation Act, 1949, subject to regulatory and government approval(s), if any," the bank said in a BSE filing.

Earlier on Saturday, Federal Bank had committed to investing ₹300 crore in Yes Bank for subscription of its 30 crore shares.

Under the plan, state-run SBI will infuse ₹7,250 crore in the crisis-ridden bank and take 49% equity.
As per the rescue plan, ICICI Bank will invest ₹1,000 crore, mortgage lender HDFC ₹1,000 crore, Axis Bank ₹600 crore, Kotak Mahindra Bank ₹500 crore, Bandhan Bank and Federal Bank ₹300 crore each.

There will be a three year lock-in period for all the investors. However, the lock-in period for SBI would be only for 26 per cent of shareholding. It would be 75 per cent in case of other investors.

https://www.livemint.com
All of a sudden every bank have started investing in Yesbank...
SBI/Hdfcbank/ICICI/Axis/Kotak/IDFC First

What a week! What surprised me is that there were no complaints/reports on here about IT/server issues at brokers. Mine was slower than usual but worked throughout the carnage/recovery on Thurs/Fri. Most traders must've just frozen watching the action - so no real load on the servers.

What I'm most pleased about is that we'll have a few days/weeks of limit orders not being front run by 5 paisa in/decrements. Somebody turned those algos off Thurs/Fri.
A lot of brokers disallowed intraday products (MIS, bracket orders etc). That must've reduced the load on the servers.

My friend came from Europe and on his landing at the Mumbai airport, he along with his wife were quarantined for 14 days as he was above 60 and all passengers in above 60 age group were after their baggage clearance taken to a hospital in Andheri which has facility for 300 people to be quarantined. Currently there are only 30-35 people but they had kept facility for 300 ready.

The couple was given a separate room with wifi....also a TV was fitted by evening. Doctors check them 4 times a day and the tea,breakfast,lunch,dinner all paid by the Govt.Only restriction is they cannot go out and no outside person can meet them....contacts on mobile phones are allowed....arrangements are excellent and if someone does not like the food, they have 4 nearby hotels to order food at the passenger's cost....

My friend is very impressed with the cleanliness,hygine,medical attendence,service.....he says it is difficult to believe that Govt is doing all this so well......we generally have an image of huge crowded wards with poor facilities, but here the cleanliness and facilities are top of the class.....nice to hear that from him....

Smart_trade

checkmate7

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
My friend came from Europe and on his landing at the Mumbai airport, he along with his wife were quarantined for 14 days as he was above 60 and all passengers in above 60 age group were after their baggage clearance taken to a hospital in Andheri which has facility for 300 people to be quarantined. Currently there are only 30-35 people but they had kept facility for 300 ready.

The couple was given a separate room with wifi....also a TV was fitted by evening. Doctors check them 4 times a day and the tea,breakfast,lunch,dinner all paid by the Govt.Only restriction is they cannot go out and no outside person can meet them....contacts on mobile phones are allowed....arrangements are excellent and if someone does not like the food, they have 4 nearby hotels to order food at the passenger's cost....

My friend is very impressed with the cleanliness,hygine,medical attendence,service.....he says it is difficult to believe that Govt is doing all this so well......we generally have an image of huge crowded wards with poor facilities, but here the cleanliness and facilities are top of the class.....nice to hear that from him....

Smart_trade
With all my respect dear Smart_Trade, and you know i know the quality you have, let my post an absolute critique on what you have posted. I think you can take it in your positions, as I will have to take the push back from you in my position. It will not mean any thing to our friendship, as it still will be stable, but it will make a point on different thinking on different topics.

Here we go:

I am not clear about your posting which any way is a bit obscure and sounds a bit of copy paste and propaganda as you even talk this way:

He was above 60 and all passengers in above 60 age group were after their baggage clearance taken to a hospital in and heir which has facility for 300 people to be quarantined

(Comment from my side: Does your government not know that the virus even younger people can hardly hit???)

I am clear you are a nationalist hindu, and your goverment is the best you think your country can have, but isn't this writings you do not just a bit over the top and a really propaganda?

DP