Day Trading Stocks & Futures

ncube

Saurabh Mukherjea of Marcellous Investment managers did a backtest of last 10 years all the stocks entered in Nifty 50 if one buys and holds for few years, the CAGR has been 40 % he says...I have not done this backtest but soon we will get to see his back test...but a fantastic observation based on solid research which we can use....even if we make 25 % CAGR consistantly over 10 years, we can be rich...

Taking this lead I plan to do my own backtest before investing money on this simple observation...

Smart_trade
Yes, it makes intuitive sense as the stock before entering the index would have already gone through good amount of screening. I believe we can easily extend this logic to new stocks entering other indexes such as Next50, Nifty500 etc to create a nice portfolio of new entry stocks...should be able to generate good alpha factor.

No, I have closely observed the movement. Its pure buying. No selling at all. Today it was 1 Lot buying every minute or so. In fact, I have got two lots sold in my portfolio.
but why both ce and pe buy??

mohan.sic

These trade generally happen between same groups/ring of participants. Today X buys and Y sells. After few days they reverse the trades. It is a continuous activity. Not only june, the same can be observed in December strikes also.