Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sridhga

Halla jyada aur site mein kuch nahi. Kisi HNI ya business partner ne internal notification faila diya hai.
I do believe in the capabilities of that management. But I have some observations. India's largest broker is Zerodha and their profit is just Rs. 200 crores per year. Discount brokerage is the way to go now. Assuming deep pocketed Bajaj Fin enters this business, they may get some market share, they may cross-sell some mutual funds to their existing loan customers. But it will not become a big business for them to impact their balance sheet. It merely increases their product offering so that customers get more services under one roof. We all know that banks with brokerage business have become also-ran cases. Now the question is does Bajaj commit its best management talent and time to enter an already competitive but smaller business? (I wonder if it is worth it). Is it a distraction?

Will this result in expanding the brokerage business pie in the country? (I seriously doubt that)

Their existing loan business is never out of demand. It is so huge in size and scale. And they are doing well there. Somehow they managed to minimize their risks and figured out how to play that game.

Their entering brokerage may enthuse some traders and investors but will not make much of an impact on their balance sheet.

However, if their long term vision is to get into investment banking and underwriting etc., then that is a different matter.

Last edited:
Awesome. So this is confirmation that it wasn't a "joke" or a "copy paste" job after all.

I do believe in the capabilities of that management. But I have some observations. India's largest broker is Zerodha and their profit is just Rs. 200 crores per year. Discount brokerage is the way to go now. Assuming deep pocketed Bajaj Fin enters this business, they may get some market share, they may cross-sell some mutual funds to their existing loan customers. But it will not become a big business for them to impact their balance sheet. It merely increases their product offering so that customers get more services under one roof. We all know that banks with brokerage business have become also-ran cases. Now the question is does Bajaj commit its best management talent and time to enter an already competitive but smaller business? (I wonder if it is worth it). Is it a distraction?

Will this result in expanding the brokerage business pie in the country? (I seriously doubt that)

Their existing loan business is never out of demand. It is so huge in size and scale. And they are doing well there. Somehow they managed to minimize their risks and figured out how to play that game.

Their entering brokerage may enthuse some traders and investors but will not make much of an impact on their balance sheet.

However, if their long term vision is to get into investment banking and underwriting etc., then that is a different story.
Probably it's going to be a vehicle for them to use this as a captive Target audience to lend them smaller loans to trade or invest? I'm thinking that have a notch larger b plan in place. What say sir?

travi

Stock lending and borrowing
Lending is pretty secure and one can earn something extra if they have shares lying around with some commission
Once lent, they're like pledged securites, u can't sell until u undo the lending
So the holding has to be long term

Borrowing is really expensive. The main purpose is to short sell multi-day.

I am looking to purchase previous years's NSE options data, going back atleast 3 to 4 years. I am willing to spend money on the data as well. Can someone please direct me to vendor names who can provide me with that historical data?

I will be thankful for suggestions

I am looking to purchase previous years's NSE options data, going back atleast 3 to 4 years. I am willing to spend money on the data as well. Can someone please direct me to vendor names who can provide me with that historical data?

I will be thankful for suggestions
contact truedata or gdfl or viratech. not sure, but they seel historical data