Day Trading Stocks & Futures

soft_trader

Net services collapsed at my place. Bsnl, airtel, idea all dead.
Now my cable TV operator offering fibre broadband but not sure if its good for daytrading without interruption.
charges are on higher side 6000+ for installation and minimum 1300 monthly for 2mbps connection and 11000 per month for 20mbps connection.

is this fibre broadband works good ? how it works ? I mean cable operator kaise dega broadband ?
The price is absolutely insane. Broadband service of regional operators are mostly distributed by Local Cable Operators (LCOs). Here in Kolkata, alliance broadband is a very popular ISP, providing 60mbps unlimited at 590 INR per month including GST. The connection is pretty stable, except that it goes down 2-3 times a day for few mins. What I observed is that, the reliability of the network mostly depends upon how the LCO is maintaining the line rather than the ISP.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
charges are pretty high but fibre services are generally very good.
Cable operators are well-known in smaller cities for providing BB. This shouldnt be a problem.

see if you get a demo at their office. but one thing is there, that frequent pkt drops throughout the day like in bsnl may not be there in fibre so that is a good thing.

by the way, welcome back. even if its for a short while :DD
cable operators VSAT ke through kisi ISP ka broadband receive karke fibre line se distribute karte hain kya ? ya lines ke through receive karte hain?
somebody told me my cable operator have leased lines with power grid , ye power lines ke through bhi broadband aata hai kya ?

cable operators VSAT ke through kisi ISP ka broadband receive karke fibre line se distribute karte hain kya ? ya lines ke through receive karte hain?
somebody told me my cable operator have leased lines with power grid , ye power lines ke through bhi broadband aata hai kya ?
Cable lines have audio/video and data lines all in one cable.....my cable operator used to provide connection to my TV and also to my modem for data.....

ST

TraderRavi

low risk profile
Cable operators who provide broadband services actually are 3rd party operators ... that is what i have noticed.

"6000+ for installation and minimum 1300 monthly for 2mbps connection and 11000 per month for 20mbps connection."
Very painful to read this part.
The price is absolutely insane. Broadband service of regional operators are mostly distributed by Local Cable Operators (LCOs). Here in Kolkata, alliance broadband is a very popular ISP, providing 60mbps unlimited at 590 INR per month including GST. The connection is pretty stable, except that it goes down 2-3 times a day for few mins. What I observed is that, the reliability of the network mostly depends upon how the LCO is maintaining the line rather than the ISP.
yes bhai , I also feel charges should start from max 700 per month (including GST) but ours is taking double of that. taking advantage of pathetic bsnl and other telecom operators.

soft_trader

It is certainly not VSAT. LCO receives internet from ISP through optical fibre and then redistributes it. Providing internet using electricity lines is technically possible but I am not aware of any operators providing it in the world, leave alone India.

By power grid, I think they meant to say that they have backed up their network using inverters, which means even if in case of power cut, your internet will remain uninterrupted if you have backup for your router.

travi

I don't think VSAT. just a parallel network of fibres going upstream. just visit office and take demo, see ping times / any drops etc.
2 mbps will suffice, when it was 256kbps also life used to work. today with 50mbps, it feels less. greed has no ceiling :DD

diff b/w current plan and this wont be that much, atleast trading risk wont be comparable. just one time installation cost is a question. but I think, airtel / jio also have around 2K type charges. bsnl ek jamane mein 500 leta tha :DD (their fibre service also is around 2k installation chg near our place)

Last edited: