Day Trading Stocks & Futures

XRAY27

Hi PT Sir
let alone rule based method.I even did not know even ABC of charts & TA that time.
thanks
No ABC worked on that carnage ,those who hold fundamentally good stocks ,got bounced back with in four years (lessson for every one) ...,issue is information ... it is very much limited to fundamental..now we are equipped with both of them (TA+FA) along with risk management....so much protected (trading/investment) IMO

travi

Hi all, which exchange is better to trade Oil. Also which time of the day Oil has maximum movement?
I am not an active trader but you stick with MCX.
Many brokers don't even offer NSE crude yet, there is hardly any volume.
https://www.nseindia.com/live_marke...NOV2019&key=FUTENRBRCRUDE29NOV2019--01NOV2019

For time, you can look at the chart, you'll be able to figure out yourself. Apart from that Wed 8pm is inventory announcement during which volatility or a move is very frequent.

checkmate7

Hi all, which exchange is better to trade Oil. Also which time of the day Oil has maximum movement?
Mcx as already stated by @travi

Check movement around 6:30pm 8pm and 8:30pm daily just from experience not hard and fast rule :)
Inventory on Wednesday 8pm normally

hi
Please can anybody tell the lot size of BNF & NIFTY future from 2011-2018
Thanks
yes. This would be useful info.
Also Nifty had 200 lot size and a mini lot size no?

sridhga

Good Oct auto sales numbers from Maruti and Bajaj Auto....

In 2019 both Ayudha Puja and Diwali happened to be in October. If we compare this to 2018, Ayudha Puja was in October while Diwali was in November. (This should impact Titan as well.)This could have resulted in improved October numbers for 2019. But despite all this TaMo seems to have under performed.

But we should note that there would be a small time lag between sale to end customer and dispatch at factory gate, TAMO and Maruti are comparable from a logistical point of view because one is located in Pune and Ahmedabad while the other is in Haryana and Ahmedabad. I guess the numbers published by them are the numbers that left the factory gate. I have not read their revenue recognition policies. (They may even have different policies for identifying monthly numbers as compared to financial reporting.) Just for a hint, some accounting rules allow you to count produced vehicles as sales when those products are identified for a specific customer and are customised (colour of car and specs, features based on order etc.)for the same.
So we really cannot comment on this unless we look into the details. I would not be surprised if TaMo numbers spike in a different month. Sometimes these car companies push their unsold inventories on to the dealers and later show lagging sales in the subsequent quarter.

So if these numbers show improvement in later months, then we can safely assume that we are out of the woods.

PS: Titan company's monthly sales if published would not be this complex as discussed because for them the sale is made when it is made to the end customer in the store. (They own the stores.)

Last edited:
yes. This would be useful info.
Also Nifty had 200 lot size and a mini lot size no?
200 (pre-2000 )
100 (around 2005)
50 (around 2010 maybe)
25 (around 14-15)
75 now

200 to 25 journey was with minimum size limit of RS 200,000/-
75 as the minimum size limit became RS 500,000/-

Thanks for the info :)