Day Trading Stocks & Futures

bpr

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
Bhai, i dont know much about this topic.
Im just curious to know how some companies have done so far.
I see BPCL/HPCL have made decent money for investors. Therefore, asking if you have some data about this.
We are not talking about govt controlled units. But likes of IPCL and VSNL where govt got out of them completely.

checkmate7

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
I see BPCL/HPCL have made decent money for investors. Therefore, asking if you have some data about this.
One good example is Maruti I think (correct me if I am wrong), it did much better after government diluted its stake to minority. It exited completely in 2007 @ floor price of 760/share, it was above 10000 about a year back.

And they would be out of power so no benefit for them to do that. Only some big crisis could make it happen.
The Govt will get liquidity which they can spend on social benefit schemes. This Govt has the will and the majority to take tough decisions...Govt should have no business to run industries except in case of industries related to nuclear energy,defence and defence production. Any industry Govt runs, they manage to spoil it by corruption,nepotism,red tapeism and other virtues commonly seen in any Govt managed units.

ST

I am a shareholder of HPCL and the shareholders of HPCL have lost money when/from the time Govt disinvested its stake and sold the same to ONGC.

ST

DanPSup

Hedge Strategy Trader in Options and Futures
The Govt will get liquidity which they can spend on social benefit schemes. This Govt has the will and the majority to take tough decisions...Govt should have no business to run industries except in case of industries related to nuclear energy,defence and defence production. Any industry Govt runs, they manage to spoil it by corruption,nepotism,red tapeism and other virtues commonly seen in any Govt managed units.

ST
This is called Neoliberalism.

Neoliberalism or neo-liberalism[1] is the 20th-century resurgence of 19th-century ideas associated with laissez-faire economic liberalism and free market capitalism.[2]:7[3] While it is most often associated with such ideas, the defining features of neoliberalism in both thought and practice have been the subject of substantial scholarly discourse.[4] These ideas include economic liberalization policies such as privatization, austerity, deregulation, free trade[5] and reductions in government spending in order to increase the role of the private sector in the economy and society.[13] These market-based ideas and the policies they inspired constitute a paradigm shift away from the post-war Keynesian consensus which lasted from 1945 to 1980.[14][15]

There are lots of discussions going on if this is really the best for people or if there not should be less of it. Not want to go into the topic in dept, as this is not the topic of this thread, but it is very interesting to listen to discussions about it. Even was reading about it today as I did some analyzes about taxes.

Riskyman

I am a shareholder of HPCL and the shareholders of HPCL have lost money when/from the time Govt disinvested its stake and sold the same to ONGC.

ST
This was the point i was trying to make and hence asked for a performance profile of these companies.
Of course, absolute profit/loss would depend on where someone bought the share.. But assuming someone bought the IPO in BPCL/HPCL they would have made some money. Will be interesting to see how much money these companies made/destroyed. For Ex psu banks have destroyed a lot of wealth.