Day Trading Stocks & Futures

KAL.YUG

so nest trader won't be usable anymore ?
Yes.
Looks like that.
(Zerodha has sent mails informing last day as 15 Oct 2019)

Really strange. omnesys main product is nest trader. To discontinue it why would they purchase it.?
NEST was developed by Omnesys.
Thompson Reuters acquired Omnesys few years ago.
Now they along with Refinitiv (#75,870 ) have developed a complete new product "Omnesys Nest Algo-trading software"
Surprisingly they have retained the brand name "Omnesys Nest" although the screen shots (on their website) don't look any thing like the NEST versions that we currently use.

The reason for discontinuation of NEST by brokers, I guess, could be ... high subscription fees.

Just fyi, on the 19th, a day before the massive move Nifty PE was at 26.50. Investors have very limited scope of getting very good gains from these levels. At 29-30 levels, the market is considered at over bought. At least in terms of traditional wisdom.
I think that must be the effect of top compounders. More than half stocks are in beaten to ground condition, so there must still room for investment opportunities till 30+ pe. Also it's not like after reaching 30 PE index will go to 6k. There could be corrections, but at the end it's the scope and hope of investors that keeps the index up. Traders are actually being danced on the levels investors choose. Biggies betting index on high is no joke in my opinion..

XRAY27

If that steps would not be taken by Govt on taxation side , investment would be in limbo...now fundamental have changed for next one year,provided fiscal deficit is under control and demand kicks in anyways ,all is well for trader or investors if they keep there eyes open

Ek side Riskyman....uske neeche afin bhai.......doosri taraf Jhunjhunwala.....tug of war....
With all due respect, can I please take offence to this? Once is cute. Twice is charming but this name calling is getting a bit too much out of hand.

Thank you so much.

Riskyman

Just 5 days ago people were talking of Nifty 10000,9000,7000 and now talking of 12800,15000,25000 and 100000..... 5 days ago investing in anything was considered a sin......total change of sentiments....

Smart_trade
Just 5 days ago, everything didnt look this rosy and being a long timer you know it better than anyone.
Had it not been for this rate cut, this market would have been sitting at 10,000 today.
I dont think anyone wants to see the economy collapse. At least not me as I have my money in the market. Have family member with jobs etc and its not a good sight to see people being jobless or living in constant fear of losing jobs etc. I have witnessed it first hand in 2008-09.
However, It is but natural for people to become pessimistic if our government is busy in politics rather than save the economy. I think its with good reason that people become careful about investing in stock markets when economy is not doing well, when global scenario is not very conducive or when oil spike 10% over night. ( Not to mention having to pay 76 Rs for petrol even when crude was at 55usd :) )

I am glad some measure are being taken. But not sure if they would be enough. As we discussed in the morning, the problems in the economy lie elsewhere i.e MSMEs, rural demand etc. Cutting corporate tax maybe one measure but I would like to see more things like they did on cutting GST on hotel tariffs etc(direct boost to tourism). We still have a long way to fix all the puzzles. The stock markets are a different beast altogether. They can be irrational. Not worried about 5% gains or sell off. What I'm more keen on seeing is a robust economy over the next 5-10-15 years. We already wasted 5 years going from 8% to 6%.