Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Baba BNF moving in all directions...:DD, one trade of just 60 pts in BNF...volume divergence trade hit SL in options, swing is on TSL...:cool:
My positional system on BNF may give a reversal to long today if it closes above xx250,
the previous trigger to short was exactly 1 month back (8th July, gap down opening)

the BNF positional Sys is currently on a winning streak, 5 in a row . . .
this year (jan onwards) have already seen 2 -ve streaks (of 6 and then 7) losing trades in a row . . .
was seriously thinking of re-evaluating the parameters / time frame,
it was good that I did not give into that temptation.

XRAY27

My positional system on BNF may give a reversal to long today if it closes above xx250,
the previous trigger to short was exactly 1 month back (8th July, gap down opening)

the BNF positional Sys is currently on a winning streak, 5 in a row . . .
this year (jan onwards) have already seen 2 -ve streaks (of 6 and then 7) losing trades in a row . . .
was seriously thinking of re-evaluating the parameters / time frame,
it was good that I did not give into that temptation.

Swing/positional is going good this month, intra as usual dancing .but it gives around 400 pts on avg a month in BNF...only area i have improved is scaling...winning strike and losing strikes are common when Recovery factor is favorable all is well , intra jhand months will be also there,what matters is following the backtested system with out stupid reason to escape !!

Posititional day time frame just 12 to 15 trades per annum

Swing around 3 to 4 per month

Intra 2 per day max but avg will not cross 28

Swing/positional is going good this month, intra as usual dancing .but it gives around 400 pts on avg a month in BNF...only area i have improved is scaling...winning strike and losing strikes are common when Recovery factor is favorable all is well , intra jhand months will be also there,what matters is following the backtested system with out stupid reason to escape !!

Posititional day time frame just 12 to 15 trades per annum

Swing around 3 to 4 per month

Intra 2 per day max but avg will not cross 28
With BNF, I just merged my swing and positional systems . . .

Now when its whipsawing, it behaves like a swing system (i.e. frequent trades either -ve or small +ve)
But when it catches a good trend it keeps going and behaves like a positional one.

Now I am thinking of filtering my intraday trades and take only those trades
that are in the direction of my positional system (overnight position).
it will cut down the profits by about 25%, but number of trades also get reduced
and no Zanjhat of thinking about direction, will have my direction bias in place even before the day starts.

manny.here

With BNF, I just merged my swing and positional systems . . .

Now when its whipsawing, it behaves like a swing system (i.e. frequent trades either -ve or small +ve)
But when it catches a good trend it keeps going and behaves like a positional one.

Now I am thinking of filtering my intraday trades and take only those trades
that are in the direction of my positional system (overnight position).
it will cut down the profits by about 25%, but number of trades also get reduced
and no Zanjhat of thinking about direction, will have my direction bias in place even before the day starts.

Just out of curiosity; The system or set of rules is same and based on the timeframe you are taking trades as swing , positional and intra.

Like 3 min timeframe for intra , hourly for swing and daily for positional.