Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

anyone using rtd with nest 32 bit where OS is 64 bit..
my rtd function(link to excel) is not working in nest 32 bit..however it is functioning in nest 64 bit..
vendor says every application should be of same bit
Is there anything like a NEST 32 bit and 64 bit?
NEST should work irrespective of your OS bit no?
I Downloaded NEST on a 64 bit OS. The installables were run on a 32 bit device as well. Both places NEST works fine.
Am i missing something here?

soft_trader

We are sending our funds to broker's account. Does the broker's bank account under power of attorney of exchange means can the exchange pool the funds from that account?
When we take F&O position, the span+exposure margin goes to the exchange? How much chance of broker misusing our funds or closing shop overnight?

These questions are coming to mind after what has happened with ILFS few days ago.

@checkmate7
Is there anything like a NEST 32 bit and 64 bit?
NEST should work irrespective of your OS bit no?
I Downloaded NEST on a 64 bit OS. The installables were run on a 32 bit device as well. Both places NEST works fine.
Am i missing something here?
32 will work on 64...64 will not work on 32...
and the 32 bit independent functionality is merely affected...problem arises in communication

How to find out which NEST you are running on a comp? I mean if it a 32 bit or a 64 bit?
The really simple way to check if a file is 32-bit or 64-bit

1. Right-click on the executable file you want to check
  2. Select “Properties”
  3. Click the tab “Compatibility”
  4. An example of the dialog box that opens is shown below
  5. In the section "Compatibility mode" put a check in the box under "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"
  6. Open the drop-down menu that lists operating systems. If the list begins with Vista, as shown in the graphic, then the file is 64-bit. If the list of operating systems includes Windows XP, then the file is 32-bit.
  7. Don't forget to uncheck the box under "Run this program in compatibility mode for:"