Day Trading Stocks & Futures

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
Theek hai bhai ...jo Jahan hai vahan khush rahe aur tarakki karein.
But make sure that the time is not running out as we cannot go back in time machine and no one has unlimited time.....

Smart_trade

Last edited:
Don't worry about me, wise man.
No one rich is backing me.
Have faith in your plan and work silently....you will reach a stage where you will have many fold amounts which you need for various life stages .

Smart_trade

ncube

Theek hai bhai ...jo Jahan hai vahan khush rahe aur tarakki karein.
But make sure that the time is not running out as we cannot go back in time machine and no one has unlimited time.....

Smart_trade
I find it strange when someone say he is a trader but not an investor. I think the term investor is not correctly understood, many people think it is about investing in a company for long term and wait for multibaggers to happen. But I feel its very risky for retailers as for every multibagger there would be 10 others which would lose money. Finding multibaggers involves luck and in any good strategy luck should be the lowest priority factor.

The only difference between an "Intra-Day" trader and an Investor is the time frame one works on, and since I have done both I can bet there is no difference even if one considers returns. One can apply the same strategy he uses for intraday on a daily time frame and the results will be similar. The only advantage of intraday trading is that one gets leverage & isolated from overnight risks. But as everyone know leverage is a double edged sword and the high returns one believes is an illusion as it is obtained on a leveraged amount. The returns will be similar if one can invest similar amount on daily time frame. Hence you can see bigger players keep getting bigger making higher returns as they have the luxury of having higher capital to invest.

This does not mean I am against intraday trading, I have done it and would love to do it anytime as I am confident I can apply the same higher time frame strategies to lower time frame and the the returns would be similar. Just that I prefer to do it without feeling burn-out.

There are genuine reasons why most people prefer intra-day trading and that is they do not have adequate capital to generate monthly income through investing and leverage help here. Hence I would suggest to look at trading as follows:

1. Generate Monthly Income: This can be done through day trading or by regular day job, whichever one is comfortable with.
2. Generate Wealth: This is done by investing/trading some portion of profit in building an equity portfolio. This is required for your future. One cannot just depend on a single source of income be it day trading or day job. As ST sir suggested dont wait for your retirement and then plan for investing it does not work that way saving/investing takes time.

Sorry for the long post, what I wanted to convey is dont reject investing/savings that its long term and does not provide instant gratification, analyze how you can include it along with your day trading. I am sure you will be more confident & thankful in future as you see your savings growing in parallel.

ys ST sir ji u right " Nayi Fasal Aayi hai 2-3 Month mai Kat Jayegi " .
Nahi bhai...my wish is that a new trader starting out becomes successful, he builds a large capital from a miniscule capital he comes in with ...and then generates wealth and be a happy and wealthy person.....I have gone through the struggle which a trader has to do when he is building his career and I know the pain.....as I have been there myself with no financial support from anyone....

I wish success to all ......

Smart_trade

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
I find it strange when someone say he is a trader but not an investor. I think the term investor is not correctly understood, many people think it is about investing in a company for long term and wait for multibaggers to happen. But I feel its very risky for retailers as for every multibagger there would be 10 others which would lose money. Finding multibaggers involves luck and in any good strategy luck should be the lowest priority factor.

The only difference between an "Intra-Day" trader and an Investor is the time frame one works on, and since I have done both I can bet there is no difference even if one considers returns. One can apply the same strategy he uses for intraday on a daily time frame and the results will be similar. The only advantage of intraday trading is that one gets leverage & isolated from overnight risks. But as everyone know leverage is a double edged sword and the high returns one believes is an illusion as it is obtained on a leveraged amount. The returns will be similar if one can invest similar amount on daily time frame. Hence you can see bigger players keep getting bigger making higher returns as they have the luxury of having higher capital to invest.

This does not mean I am against intraday trading, I have done it and would love to do it anytime as I am confident I can apply the same higher time frame strategies to lower time frame and the the returns would be similar. Just that I prefer to do it without feeling burn-out.

There are genuine reasons why most people prefer intra-day trading and that is they do not have adequate capital to generate monthly income through investing and leverage help here. Hence I would suggest to look at trading as follows:

1. Generate Monthly Income: This can be done through day trading or by regular day job, whichever one is comfortable with.
2. Generate Wealth: This is done by investing/trading some portion of profit in building an equity portfolio. This is required for your future. One cannot just depend on a single source of income be it day trading or day job. As ST sir suggested dont wait for your retirement and then plan for investing it does not work that way saving/investing takes time.

Sorry for the long post, what I wanted to convey is dont reject investing/savings that its long term and does not provide instant gratification, analyze how you can include it along with your day trading. I am sure you will be more confident & thankful in future as you see your savings growing in parallel.
Very true. Some people are doing trading to get day to day money or to save fund so that they can invest for longer term portfolio. Few have even openly said similar things on this thread they they are diverting their profit from trading (daily, swing... ) into long term portfolio (don't want to name anyone). So basically most of members here understand need to build investment portfolio albeit may have different timeframe in mind.

Others, may have money to invest in stocks, but don't have knowledge on how to buy/sell/scale-up/scale-down at right time so trying to learn tricks so as to apply knowledge for their portfolio building.

I doubt you will find anyone who is earning extra money and is just keeping it in FD or spending it all thinking I will earn more next month in trading. Off course they are investing in stocks if they generate excess.

Riskyman

Paytm Money plans to start stock broking services, pension schemes sales by March

Digital investment platform Paytm Money is planning to begin stock broking service, sale of National pension schemes, exchange traded funds (ETFs) and other financial instruments during the current financial year, a top company official said on Monday.

"We will be starting stock broking service, ETF, depository account for shares, national pension schemes during this financial year," Pravin Jadhav, whole-time director at Paytm Money, told PTI.

Paytm Money already sells mutual fund on its platform and claims to have clocked 40 per cent share in the direct mutual fund segment in the country.

"More than 75 per cent of users on our platform are SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) investors. Our leadership in the largest active SIP book is a result of the trust that our investors have in a safe and secure platform like Paytm Money. As our SIP registrations continue to grow every month, we expect to cross 1 million active SIPs soon," Jadhav said.

He said Paytm Money received approval to start sale of National Pension Scheme from the Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority in May, and the Securities and Exchange Board of India in April allowed the platform to start stock broking service.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...s-pension-schemes-sales-by-march-4262891.html