Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Doing a job and trading is difficult task since the thinking needs to be on very different levels.where proactive action is required in corporate job, trading requires reaction.being proactive in trading will get you into predictive mode and will prove disastrous. Win/Loss are part of the trading and a trader needs to accept both when he understands the system.In the corporate world losing is not an option.Switching mindset is very important. Many people have commented that having a job makes it easier for trading since assured income is there. If that was the case I would not be trading.As we grow into senior positions with higher pays package.The risk of becoming obsolete is more.Someday the mgmt will think of hiring 4 junior guys to replace instead of paying so high for one person. That's when you need an alternate skill and source of income.
Thanks to this forum I have no fear of that anymore. Learnt a lot from here.
Sanju bhai explained feelings of most of the traders who are doing job in parallel.
Yes goal is to make trading as a source of income as job security in private organisation is not very promising.

Doing a job and trading is difficult task since the thinking needs to be on very different levels.where proactive action is required in corporate job, trading requires reaction.being proactive in trading will get you into predictive mode and will prove disastrous. Win/Loss are part of the trading and a trader needs to accept both when he understands the system.In the corporate world losing is not an option.Switching mindset is very important. Many people have commented that having a job makes it easier for trading since assured income is there. If that was the case I would not be trading.As we grow into senior positions with higher pays package.The risk of becoming obsolete is more.Someday the mgmt will think of hiring 4 junior guys to replace instead of paying so high for one person. That's when you need an alternate skill and source of income.
Thanks to this forum I have no fear of that anymore. Learnt a lot from here.
I have the same opinion regarding corporate jobs. I changed few months back my full-time job to part-time and my part-time trading to full-time career.

Thank you ST sir for sharing your valuable experiences. Thank you Riskyman and all others.

Sumo is a friend from that time but he does not need to learn any system, he is a system by himself....and guys dont be fooled by the funny things he posts...he is one of the sharp traders and a system developer.

ST
Absolutely honoured to receive these words from such a Fantastic Trader, You made my day, ST, truly.
Good Friends are very rare, and Great Friends like you are even rarer.

iwillwin

Absolutely honoured to receive these words from such a Fantastic Trader, You made my day, ST, truly.
Good Friends are very rare, and Great Friends like you are even rarer.
I am sure you are all very very senior and seasoned players at this game....but can we be part of your wisdom in way of traders meet in Mumbai or any other common place.... really want to meet such generous, humble members who contribute their time and energy for members to learn

XRAY27

Nice discussion on full time trading !!! trading life needs a system and psy.to follow it,add robust MM mechanics to grow, does this point is new ?? no, but many traders fail...answer is same above points ;)

pannet1

i have been organizing many meetups in chennai. it has to proved to be very useful. we are at the next level now. so each one of us have to come up with a backtested NIFTY system. Every one are then going to fine tune the most profitable (less drawdown system).

on a personal note, if you atleast automate the exits, it would do wonders to your trading.

good luck

XRAY27

i have been organizing many meetups in chennai. it has to proved to be very useful. we are at the next level now. so each one of us have to come up with a backtested NIFTY system. Every one are then going to fine tune the most profitable (less drawdown system).

on a personal note, if you atleast automate the exits, it would do wonders to your trading.

good luck
Good to see such a meetups in chennai..i agree with your points mechanical way solves many issue,but DD is main problem..in that..keeping DD in check is great ...

Last edited: