Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

Written 38 lots 10.8k PE today and holding overnight.. if market opens up around here.. would be near 0 tomorrow morning itself.
Holding this overnight..
Nifty 10800 PE is near zero already.. quoting at Rs 2.45
Is there any calculation that you are using (e.g option greeks) that supports your decision. ?
probably selling 11100 CE or 11000 PE would have been more lucrative .. just asking.

As per me , the move is not likely to go much more than 60 points either side.. seems like a lot of margin for not really much gains.. :)

Last edited:

Raj232

Looks like I am the only one not allowed to put screenshot without any explanation.
As most would want to copy a successful traders trades, they would ask for some explanation as well .. :) , for an experienced trader, posting has to be with justification ... lol :)

stock_mani

Is there any calculation that you are using (e.g option greeks) that supports your decision. ?
probably selling 11100 CE or 11000 PE would have been more lucrative .. just asking.

As per me , the move is not likely to go much more than 60 points either side..
Huge margin is blocked for one day.. it is sure & shot recipe as tomorrow is expiry & strike is far away from CMP.

Looks like I am the only one not allowed to put screenshot without any explanation.
Rules are for everybody. Some people follow the rules, some people dont .But people following the rules should not feel that why should they follow the rules when someone else is breaking the rules.

When we drive the car, we see many people coming on wrong side,signal jumping etc, do we feel that we should also break the rules like rule breakers even if we know that there is no one to penalise us...we dont because we have accepted that we will follow the rules no matter what.We follow the rule as a part of our good behaviour and not because of fear of some action.

Smart_trade

MaxX

As per me , the move is not likely to go much more than 60 points either side.. seems like a lot of margin for not really much gains.. :)
Yes.. My target ROI is 3-5% per month.. margin I have put up is about 30 lakhs (pledged liquidbees) for this position. I write one sided OTM options depending on the daily trend with SL on NF and BNF. I do not write ATM options (too much risk), although I sometimes buy it has a hedge.

Blocked huge margin for this position ? It is fine as it was only for one day. If you can maintain this margin then you can earn massive in Cash/ Index/ Commodity (Crude) Futures as well... I believe that you are trading other things as well.
I don't trade anything else. Would love to explore other opportunities though. Are you talking about trend trading on index/crude futures?

kingkrunal

Yes.. My target ROI is 3-5% per month.. margin I have put up is about 30 lakhs (pledged liquidbees) for this position. I write one sided far OTM options depending on the daily trend with SL. I do not write ATM options (too much risk), although I sometimes buy it has a hedge.

I don't trade anything else. Would love to explore other opportunities though. Are you talking about trend trading on index/crude futures?
is there any extra charge for the pledging liquidbees ? sorry a bit naive in this..
plus u do have directional bias so how you manage in case of gap up or gap down ?

is there any extra charge for the pledging liquidbees ? sorry a bit naive in this..
plus u do have directional bias so how you manage in case of gap up or gap down ?
The haircut for liquid bees on Zerodha is 10%.

1551872625114.png

Think Fyers probably has a 5% or 2.5% haircut. Paging @Tejas Khoday to clarify on this.

Don't think there would be any extra charge other than the expense involved in pledging/ un-pledging.

MaxX

Use technicals to identify strong demand/supply zones and write OTM options beyond that.. Gaps are usually small and don't normally cross that overnight. Haircut is 10%.

Last edited: