Day Trading Stocks & Futures

St da,

Intraday stock selection. Do you check sector's. For example if iT sector is 2% up while metals is sideways. techm is not yet moved great and is about to break out a major resistance. Say tata steel is also about to break out. Do u give higher preference to techm or just don't watch sectors and leave it as noise.
When the market is going up, always select a strong scrip in a strong sector. When the market is bearish, select a weak stock in weak sector......there is no point in shorting a strong scrip and it just does not go down......we want the stock to move in our direction, dont we ?

Smart_trade

iwillwin

Bjp shiv Sena alliance, bjp+aiadmk alliance in South will help bjp a lot. Besides that dearness allowance and recent situation in Kashmir favors a lot to bjp.... opposition can't oppose these decisions as it will strengthen bjp more....
I will now will look to accumulate quality stocks as it may happen that in the run up to election market will discount election results and tank on result day and then again rally on the very next day... All this is wishful thinking.... personal views.... market has every right and might to deviate from my wishful thinking...

lemondew

St da,

Market is going nowhere. We still need a trade... Typical scenario

Some sectors are doing something. In this some stocks have moved. Some haven't or about to move. Now just wanted ur views on whether it makes sense to focus on stocks only in this sector.

When the market is going up, always select a strong scrip in a strong sector. When the market is bearish, select a weak stock in weak sector......there is no point in shorting a strong scrip and it just does not go down......we want the stock to move in our direction, dont we ?

Smart_trade

St da,

Market is going nowhere. We still need a trade... Typical scenario

Some sectors are doing something. In this some stocks have moved. Some haven't or about to move. Now just wanted ur views on whether it makes sense to focus on stocks only in this sector.
Index trading also is profitable. We made a island pattern on 8th Feb 2019 and this date was also indicating a cycle top,,,after that 7-8 days we are falling.The stocks also are doing the same...now we are in short the rallies mode.

Just to give example of strong stock not to be shorted in weak market, see Bajaj Finance today...it went up today though the nifty was weak...so shorters in Bajaj Finance were taken to cleaners. That said, as I mentioned earlier Bajaj Finance is heavy above 2600 so one should sell it there and buy near 2500....this again is example of sell the rallies in stocks....

Smart_trade

Last edited:

lemondew

St dada,

Trying to trade pivot method. So ab woh dekh raha hoon.
I think i need a good location and a good stock to trade it.

Focusing on stock. Was wondering if its better to trade stocks in strong sector. Rather than stocks in average moving sector

Index trading also is profitable. We made a island pattern on 8th Feb 2019 and this date was also indicating a cycle top,,,after that 7-8 days we are falling.The stocks also are doing the same...now we are in short the rallies mode.

Just to give example of strong stock not to be shorted in weak market, see Bajaj Finance today...it went up today though the nifty was weak...so shorters in Bajaj Finance were taken to cleaners.

Smart_trade

St dada,

Trying to trade pivot method. So ab woh dekh raha hoon.
I think i need a good location and a good stock to trade it.

Focusing on stock. Was wondering if its better to trade stocks in strong sector. Rather than stocks in average moving sector
Pivot method gave 2 very clear trades in 3 min nifty today there was no ambiguity there...

ST

Are u trying to say just trade strong stocks in any sector
I will not trade strong stocks in weak sectors like commodities ,pharma etc.... strong stock in strong sector if we are trading in an up move and weak stocks in weak sector if we are trading a downmove.

ST

lemondew

Sorry,

Didn't trade last few days including today. On leave. Was just asking in general. Not for

St da,

Sorry but as per what i understood there are instances in sideways and sideways between 10 to 11 where if you take a breakout the chances of failing are very high in Nifty. I just thought stocks give more options when nifty is totally sideways

Pivot method gave 2 very clear trades in 3 min nifty today there was no ambiguity there...

ST