Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I'm sure there will be opportunities in future. Thursday's expiry type comes 1 time in 3 months. So not expecting every Thursday to be a bumper lottery. :)

But then these main trades are missed, then the mazaa of trading is lost. Watching the screen during flattish movement is really boring !!! :)
bhai, aren't you restrictin yourself & denying yourself opportunities by focusing on just 1 instrument and not trading it? :)

lets say one has 1L as trading capital.

A) 4% per month (anything above 3%) works out to 4K.
B) 20% on 5% (5K) of the trading capital works out to 1K.

So we are actually fooled in thinking B) is better return than A) due to 20% > 4%

Am i correct in my understanding.
Yes that's what i meant. If our system is allowing us to trade with large capital with reasonable returns it could actually turn out to be quite a handful at the end of the month. The lesser return we aim for in a strategy also means lesser risk involved. If there was anything that gave high return with less risk involved it would have been the holy grail.

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
About media - I once discussed with a reputed Journalist. His stance was that print media (it was before tv circus media took over) should be against Govt whichever party forms it. This way they would encourage investigative journalism and keep govt on its toes.

Media use to be called forth pillar of democracy.

Now, if you publish against govt, you are bikau media. If you publish against Old regime, you are Bhakt media. Common public's mind has been brainwashed by both sides to such level that they forgot that same media use to publish scames in old regime!

Riskyman

Looking for the Positives In Negative Interest Rates
https://www.stlouisfed.org/publicat...er-2017/central-banks-negative-interest-rates

Fed is now openly talking about negative interest. most likely it is coming.
what does it mean in english. so if someone buys govt bonds, they will have to pay a monthly nominal interest to the govt.?
St Louis Fed talking about negative Interest rated for retail bank deposits. This means that depositors need to pay to have banks hold cash for them .
Japan and the Euro are fine examples of the mess human beings can create for themselves by introducing NIR. This is a deep hole they are digging for themselves. Each day these countries are going from bad to worse. In the past few years nothing good has come out of it. Economic slowdown that was once a small problem in some countries of Europe has now spread a plague all over Europe. A lot of countries in Europe like Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal are sitting on the brink of an impending economic collapse.
With NIR there is no incentive for people to save money and plan for their future (retirement). When people retire they have no savings to fend for themselves and they are totally dependent on the state for heath care and other welfare. Can the state provide for everyone? People end up borrowing money and never repay it. Debt in the entire system piles up. Vicious cycle never ends.

The U.S is still far away from introducing NIR and I hope they never do it.

Japan and the Euro are fine examples of the mess human beings can create for themselves by introducing NIR. This is a deep hole they are digging for themselves. Each day these countries are going from bad to worse. In the past few years nothing good has come out of it. Economic slowdown that was once a small problem in some countries of Europe has now spread a plague all over Europe. A lot of countries in Europe like Italy, Spain, Greece and Portugal are sitting on the brink of an impending economic collapse.
With NIR there is no incentive for people to save money and plan for their future (retirement). When people retire they have no savings to fend for themselves and they are totally dependent on the state for heath care and other welfare. Can the state provide for everyone? People end up borrowing money and never repay it. Debt in the entire system piles up. Vicious cycle never ends.

The U.S is still far away from introducing NIR and I hope they never do it.
Maybe it promotes spending.

rjshem

My uncle has a vespa from 1960. We are all keepers here! :) I had strongly pro environmental beliefs, I still do and it guides my decision making very much. I have always advocated for public transport and still do it. Part of the reason why I still do not know how to drive a car was a strong reluctance on my part for a certain part of my lifetime to not drive and make a difference to the environment around us. And like I mentioned even if I own the car, public transport would be used for 90 to 95% of the time :)

I do however agree with you on the concept of the dead asset. But there are somethings that money can buy and cannot buy. For eg., I know for a fact that I will never buy a flashy and super fast sports car even I had the money for it. What I will buy however is an amazingly blazing fast PC/ laptop and probably buy the Microsoft Sidewinder or the Logitech G29 Gaming Wheel and other gaming junk like that to satiate my ego and to make up for the lost time when I did not game. I would want to do that. That will be a substitute for all the gaming and racing I missed completely!

I also do not want to regret at the age of 60 or 70 that I did not have the opportunity to drive a car and own one. So I am gonna let that slide and definitely buy a big car :D A SUV mostly!

Buy a car with automatic(dsg,cvt,torque converter not amt)gearbox with good safety features(6 airbags, 5star ncap safety rating).it will make u enjoy your drives more.

Buy a car with automatic(dsg,cvt,torque converter not amt)gearbox with good safety features(6 airbags, 5star ncap safety rating).it will make u enjoy your drives more.
Yes sir! That's the idea. I like the CR-V a lot and I know its out of my budget for maybe now. Else the VW cars with DSG only. Going to be only automatic only :) I can't unfortunately drive the manual shifters with my knee issues and also a general reluctance as such.