Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Riskyman

This week end share something on algo trading..as and when you get time..
What to tell you about algos. Its the Algos used by HFT thats a pain. You mentioned that if you put an order at 150.55 then even before your order can be seen, you can notice some other order at 150.50. Right? Its all done by these pests. They cause a lot of trouble when you trading stock options.

travi

Short version is to take an option trade in the opposite direction.

I use this quite often, especially in Volatile times. An option trade is very cheap in terms of overheads also.

so if you're short 27400 BNF, buy the 27400 CE. This will dampen the loss MTM. Again when move appears to get out of MAE then you let that leg go.

If the whole thing is for a short duration, say, couple of hours, Buy CE is ok, else you can sell the same strike PE instead.
Disadvantage of selling PE will be more margin, but more than that is as your position goes against you, its delta will be lesser and therefore wont cover that much in points.
The Buy CE will absorb more pain as position goes against you.

so, buying same strike CE will be 0.5 delta, that means your MTM will move only be half on the BNF price scale.
So MAx stop of 200pts will be set with actual loss of 100pts with a bit of overheads.

Friends,

Whats the best way to reduce the Max loss when SL is hit in futures. Lets say. In BNF. supose you want to put SL of 100 points but instead of 2000 R(20*100) you want to loose only 1000 RS.

Facing issues with zerodha today, prices not updating, moreover was trying to exit some order, nothing happened.

Best to use another broker like Fyers for charts and/ or MT4 as additional validation. My 2 cents but personal opinions may differ :)

It goes in great length how it's been done (renting farm land to get fibre cable pass in straight line), who are main coders (russians) and how 'dark pool' plays with the market.

edit: all about US market, but I'm sure trend follows to other markets too
In India you dont have dark pools.. although spoofing could exist. NSE guidelines say no to algo trading without approval but from what I hear, all one gets for not abiding by it is a slap on the wrist...

Never the less apart from technical issues, IMO scalping in India is difficult because of the STT more than anything else.

Also data for both price and volume are disected and joined by all retail data sellers..

Despite this I think there are people who are able to do it.