Day Trading Stocks & Futures

AD_Trader

This has happened before. Need some serious guidance for stoploss. At time I find it difficult to maintain stoploss and get emotional with the position.
One thing which has helped me improve my trading over the years, has been deep breathing and mediation. It may sound weird but the only thing which will be required to generate consistent income will be cutting your losses as soon as possible, even before your defined SL; and it surely will require a calm mind.
A re-entry is always possible. :)

View attachment 31629

In these kind of stocks, doing MIS type Intraday is not possible! Is intraday trading becoming difficult? :)
Yes..This is one of the limitations for intraday traders..
One way to be free from this limitation is to go for only those stocks in F&O category .. with options instead of cash or Future..
That way, last 15 minutes move can also be captured..If required, we can carry over to the next day..
Only thing is the SL in the spot may cause more loss with options if the trade goes wrong..It the trade is right, no issues as it may give some times better profit due to higher volatility..Of course if you are not familiar and comfort with options, not advised..

This has happened before. Need some serious guidance for stoploss. At time I find it difficult to maintain stoploss and get emotional with the position.
Yes..I am also training myself to improve on this SL fixing..
Presently what I do is:
Keep the SL in mind till the trend is clear..
Once the trend is clear, if my trade is wrong, exiting immediately..
If my trade is correct, trailing the SL..
Normally I go for Low of previous candle as SL when I am long..and High of previous candle when I am short..
When in MIS position, I will be happy to come out with smaller profit also rather than facing a huge loss later..With volatile stocks, we have to be very careful..
And I take very less qty in cash trades to avoid big shocks if the trade goes wrong..Once my SL mechanism is well set, I may consider increasing the Qty for cash trades..

@Riskyman Thanks for all your guidance and sharing your views almost instantly.
I am trying to improve myself in handling multiple trades..
So trying with small quantities in multiple counters..
Today traded in:
BN Future - just one lot .. booked profit
BN 27000 CE - profit from BN Future trade was invested without SL.. Net no profit no loss from BN..
TS Future taken one lot..booked with lesser profit compared to the movement in TS..
Cash M&M shorted and booked small profit..
Cash RELINFRA shorted and booked small profit.
Overall the profit amount is small, but I am getting a sense of satisfaction ..in knowing that I can handle multiple trades..
Till I am fully confident, will stick with lesser qty only..
Once again, thanks a lot.

KAL.YUG

Im constantly getting this error for Traderji. All other sites working well.
Anyone having similar problems? Also when im trying to upload something I get an error
View attachment 31630 View attachment 31631
I believe you are using opera:
1. Update to latest version using Menu> update and recovery > Update
or
2. Use Recovery : Menu> update and recovery > Recovery
(Recovery Resets the browser to a default state.

If the browser isn't running well, resetting to a default state might help. You can choose to preserve your personal data and only reset settings or to perform a fully fresh reinstall.)

Additionall I use this extension History Eraser

https://addons.opera.com/en/extensions/details/history-eraser/

(Select the options that you want to clean, be careful with what you choose you may clean some info like saved password etc)

I am thinking of completely giving up crude oil trades. I don't know I am just unable to handle the emotions involved. I got a profit today but I barely scraped through.

Opinions please

I am thinking of completely giving up crude oil trades. I don't know I am just unable to handle the emotions involved. I got a profit today but I barely scraped through.

Opinions please
To start with, I am not trading commodities..
I am not aware how long you are trading crude oil..
Supposing you had already spent a reasonable time in this, I suggest to go for book trading rather than completely stopping..
Book trading till you feel comfortable taking actual trades..
If the period spent by you is less on crude oil trades, you may completely skip and concentrate on other asset class where you are comfortable..
In my case, I am presently not comfortable with stock Futures.. and going for cash intraday for very small quantities..
Once comfortable we can always get in to anything, I believe.
Taking a break for some time also will help a lot..This way you need not take any decision in a hurry..
Best of luck.