Day Trading Stocks & Futures

I got the answer - this is for all those who trade BN options using zerodha - :)

Query
While I understand that I will not be able to take a fresh position due to 15% OI limit, i would like to know that will i be able to exit my already existing position, even if that strike price option is blocked for fresh trades ?
Nov 21, 2018 10:11 Sameer Upendra Bhukebag

Thank you for writing to Zerodha.

Yes Sir, you will be able to square off for your existing positions.
Then how will the percentage limit will get reduced ?
Even in stocks with F&O Ban, existing positions can be squared off ..it is natural to expect that..this seems a forced locking of trader's position..

yes, and it is quite savage :D must be paradise for option writers like you:):)
You know that time when a move is too good to be true. It is like that. I generally don't take profits and only let them run, but it was too much in too less a time. Only 50% in now and waiting for entry. Most probably will trade heavily tomorrow because of the expiry.

Last edited:

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Then how will the percentage limit will get reduced ?
Even in stocks with F&O Ban, existing positions can be squared off ..it is natural to expect that..this seems a forced locking of trader's position..
bhai u can square off ur position, that is what zerodha has confirmed.

Riskyman

it is trading above high of last 4 days which is 468-469
Lets see how it trades. Between 475-485 I would expect a reversal. If it breaks out then on longer TF it may do 585 levels. Lets see !!
I think Voltas is looking good for a decent upmove from here. Wont be surprised if it heads up to 590-610 over the short term.

Probability.

1. BNF will fall below 26000
2. NF will recover and EOD both NF and BNF will close flat.

looking at manipulation, probability of 2nd thing looks more because that way most of the retail trader will have loss
Looks that way but still who are we to decide. Follow the market as closely as possible and let it surprise us once in a while (more in case of bnf).