Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Raj232

It wasn't a good day for writers as everyone here think so. Because the tiks of bnf were very violent and zig zag there was a great deal of shifting going on which lead to a lot of premium loss. The amount of profit i made today is equivalent to the amount of commission i gave. Only those writers who know prior to where bnf will close have made money today.

No profit no position carried forward. Let's see whats in store for tomorrow.
Sirji, Why are you giving commission to broker .. you can take a brokerage free plan approx 999 per month unlimited trading :)

Sirji, Why are you giving commission to broker .. you can take a brokerage free plan approx 999 per month unlimited trading :)
Kaun sa broker Raj garu?? :)

It wasn't a good day for writers as everyone here think so. Because the tiks of bnf were very violent and zig zag there was a great deal of shifting going on which lead to a lot of premium loss. The amount of profit i made today is equivalent to the amount of commission i gave. Only those writers who know prior to where bnf will close have made money today.

I gave 45k brokerage in today's trade. I doubt i can trade the same in Rs999 unlimited plan. Still I'm fascinated by what lies in it.

Shiv12345

I gave 45k brokerage in today's trade. I doubt i can trade the same in Rs999 unlimited plan. Still I'm fascinated by what lies in it.
Oh my god! Rs. 45000 in brokerage in just one session.

45000 rs as brokerage on Intraday ?:confusedd:
It's generally half but today was an exception (i had larger position than usual and market was volatile). Was carrying 120 lots of strangle overnight which i brought to 500 lots during the day.

Today i was maintaining delta of cals and puts at .50 ..... So that means that at every 20 points of BNF i had to shift my positions which amounts to atleast 20 lots on a 500 lot position. So thats 20 lots of a cal or put bought and 20 lots of cal or put sold in the next strike price.

Why do all this? Because there is only one certainty that all otms will expire worthless and if today there would have been a calm of just half n hour i have would have made good money.

Raj232

It's generally half but today was an exception (i had larger position than usual and market was volatile). Was carrying 120 lots of strangle overnight which i brought to 500 lots during the day.

Today i was maintaining delta of cals and puts at .50 ..... So that means that at every 20 points of BNF i had to shift my positions which amounts to atleast 20 lots on a 500 lot position. So thats 20 lots of a cal or put bought and 20 lots of cal or put sold in the next strike price.

Why do all this? Because there is only one certainty that all otms will expire worthless and if today there would have been a calm of just half n hour i have would have made good money.
Rs 45K is nothing if you are trading on 500 lots. 500 x 80K margin per lot = Rs 4 Crore margin (Rs 50+ Crore instrument value)
Also in such cases better not to go for a cheap discount broker, as the risk is much higher if the discount broker's infrastructure fails :)

Rs 45K is nothing if you are trading on 500 lots. 500 x 80K margin per lot = Rs 4 Crore margin (Rs 50+ Crore instrument value)
Also in such cases better not to go for a cheap discount broker, as the risk is much higher if the discount broker's infrastructure fails :)
Exactly. I have never had any issues with my terminal being closed or any such things. I generally take big positions intraday where I don't give the full margin. So if the profit is good i carry the usual 150-200 lots.