Day Trading Stocks & Futures

The trade won't hurt you, you allow it to hurt you. While a trade, if the trade goes against you, you and only you can cut the loss which is your set limit. You should never allow it grow into a bigger loss. While booking loss, the mind plays cunning. It halts you to cut the loss giving you reason that it will recover. How you train your mind and yourself to cut the loss is the ultimate decider in winning in this fascinating game. You have no control over the market. You cannot move the market. You cannot predict the market. You cannot guarantee a profitable trade. There are many areas in trading that you have no control over them. The only control you can experience is in limiting the loss. Surprisingly, this is only area where we often faulter in execution. When the price hits your stop loss, you exit the trade. Donot bother whether the market reversed later or not. We should act when the level of stop loss gets hit. Infact, a lot of practice is required to cut your losses when it is time. If you cannot control what is in your hands, how you expect to control the things which are not in your control.

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
BN still has some distance to go before shorting. Though it is entering into a high risk area it still strong. Won't be surprised if it touches 27k soon.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

I honestly completely omitted that line of analysis.
Usually, the futures go into discount sometime in the 3rd / 4th week and the rollovers happen, then it picks up again and ends (expires) in premium.

Usually, the futures go into discount sometime in the 3rd / 4th week and the rollovers happen, then it picks up again and ends (expires) in premium.
I'll try to dig a bit deeper into this aspect. Thanks for pointing out :)

pannet1

hi timepass,

sorry if my q is naive.

for exampe:

now we are in may, so when you say futures go into discount on the 3rd / 4th week .... you mean june futures right? .... and when you say rollover happens .. you must have meant june futures .... because (may is already expired) ... so june futures pick up steam during the course of the june month and expires in premium by the end of the (june) month.