Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Just-Trade

how vix is related with volatility? Just-Trade
Not sure how it is calculated and how much it can be relied on, but others who have a better idea can say. But you can read this in the mean while :

cboe . com/products/vix-index-volatility
my nifty future target was 10065, now i have reduced it to 10036

Just-Trade
NF went upto my target still m angry. It went there after killing my stoploss.

Just-Trade

suri112000

I have been reading a wonderful book on trading psychology.

Answer these questions.
1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How
much does the ball cost? _____ cents
2. If it takes 5 machines to make 5 widgets in 5 minutes, how long would it take
100 machines to make 100 widgets? _____ minutes

Answer these questions.
1. A bat and a ball cost $1.10 in total. The bat costs $1.00 more than the ball. How
2. If it takes 5 machines to make 5 widgets in 5 minutes, how long would it take
These are Daniel Kahneman's questions! Awesome to see some decision making biases literature crawling in on this forum!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

suri112000

These are Daniel Kahneman's questions! Awesome to see some decision making biases literature crawling in on this forum!

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk
Yes you are right.
But the book i am reading is that of Gary Dayton, doctorate in psychology.
He has used Daniel Kahneman's questions to explain Mind Blocks which cause trading errors or failure.

suri112000

Answer these questions.
The correct answers are 5 cents and 5 minutes.

Pause for a moment and think back to when you were answering the questions (before you knew the correct answers). In the fi rst question, did 10 cents pop into your mind almost immediately? If it did enter your mind quickly, did you simply and almost automatically accept that answer as the correct answer to the problem without any further thought? The same query is relevant to the second question. Did 100 minutes jump into your mind and you felt comfortable with that answer, and so you settled on that? In both cases, once the answers came to you, were you satisfi ed with those answers and then quickly stopped trying to figure out the solutions? This is the experience of most people. Our minds seem to impulsively go to the erroneous answer and then look no further.

Yes you are right.
But the book i am reading is that of Gary Dayton, doctorate in psychology.
He has used Daniel Kahneman's questions to explain Mind Blocks which cause trading errors or failure.
That is an awesome book too! it is great to see a disciplined approach to trading here :) Inspired by that I started my own trading blog on the subject too. It has been defunct for a while, but I am son hoping to revive it and post regularly. I will put out a link here mostly in the next 2 weeks or so and try to make it look a bit more professional too.