Day Trading Stocks & Futures

vagar11

As an average trader/investor if I take the opposite trade of my first idea, will I make a killing because 90-95% of traders lose money?

No because you are only seeing half the picture. You, like nearly all beginner traders, are thinking only in terms of getting INTO the trade.

Getting OUT of the trade is far more important.

Most bets that beginner traders make are IRRATIONAL BETS. Imagine a trader taking a 60% chance of a small win, equal to half his average losing trade. He takes 100 trades, risking 1% of his account each time. 40 times he loses 1%, and 60 times he gains .5%. After 100 trades and a lot of work he is down 10% in his account.

This is an irrational bet. Many traders place irrational bets because our primitive brains reward us with endorphins when we “win”. Many traders try and pick tops and bottoms in markets (even though it is not a good basis for trading) because this feeling of being right is so nice.

Compare with a rational bet. For example my core trend following system has a win rate around 50% and average win is approximately 1.2 times average loss. This is not a particularly impressive system, the long term expectancy is only .11 per trade, but it IS a rational bet with positive expectancy.

If we take the same 100 trades for 1% each time, I have 60% in wins less 50% in losses. After 100 trades my account will be up 10%.

Trading is NOT about picking market direction, but about placing rational bets.

Src : https://www.quora.com/As-an-average...lose-money/answer/Scott-Phillips-55?srid=dGAY

Trading is not just using levels to trade, it also means to find the psychology behind the trades. If you are looking for sure shot technique, there is no method. But if you understand the chart patterns, support, resistance, volume , you are sure to make profits..

Lot of people believe stock market is betting.. but it's not..

if you understand the basics and trade with stop-loss then profits would run to your pockets. learn something new about trading daily and follow the rules regularly.I usually make one trade daily, I dont worry about profits or losses, But i continue to do the best everyday.

src :www.disciplined.trade :clapping::clapping::clapping:

Tuna

Listen and act, don't ask it, it doesn't oblige
NF candle 13:05 @ 3 min TF will decide the direction for rest of the day.

Tuna

MOAB or FOAB or Kim Jong Dead? What happened to Dax?

Tuna

Missed the dip at @ DO - was too risky to stand in front of this kind of range bars - but Babubhai was telling it will go up. could not pull the trigger - missed 25 points. Loser !!

Tuna

3 consecutive inside bars on 15 mins TF @ Nifty Fut / Expect MOAD in within next 30 mins - whichever side gives it away.

headstrong007

----- Full-Time ----- Day-Trader
Finally Bear Won the BIG battle day ...:lol:
Also, operator move in IBREALEST don't last for long..few days ago Idea give that IDEA..:!

ap*

Waited till now to go long and bought decent q of bn and nifty calls. Not buying futures to keep risk in control. Sl for bn is 21500 and 9070 for nifty both in spot. Expecting a nice upmove tomorrow. :D