Day Trading Stocks & Futures

You always trade aganist trend. Aapka alag hi swag hai kumar babu .:cool:
It's not called against trend, it's most times in anticipation of trend reversal. As it is, waiting for a confirmation ofvtrend makes entry very late, which is mostly done by retail traders. That's why retail always looses. Though the anticipation of reversal should be based on a particular structure, not gut feeling

kharikumaar

the thing is i do have trades with trend but during a directional move whenever i notice volume actions in the opposite direction i do take note and try to see if it sustains, plus when i notice some hesitation by the index to move in its trend direction i do look at that, and the way the options react it's all one enviroment and all on my market watch, i take a call based on that, because such moves will be quite fast and good. i dont say i am right all the time, but it does give me a good trade many a time and i do have my stops in place just in case. else i would have been on the streets ;by now. :D.

kharikumaar

It's not called against trend, it's most times in anticipation of trend reversal. As it is, waiting for a confirmation ofvtrend makes entry very late, which is mostly done by retail traders. That's why retail always looses. Though the anticipation of reversal should be based on a particular structure, not gut feeling
you are bang on target, only its not based on gut feeling for me, i do look at a few things before take a call on it. quite a few times it does work out for me and like you said i manage to get in earlier. i do provision for a failure. but then thats part and parcel of trading activity itself. SL is second nature for any reasonable trader and anticipating a possible move against you is second nature for all of us i guess. :)

mohan.sic

Not intended to trade against the trend. But what happens is when traders follow market internals to understand the market they tend to get very early signals than regular trend following methods. As usual sometimes they work some other times they wont.

Also not every trade opposite to primary trend is not in expectation of a trend reversal. The main idea to catch the weakness in primary trend and get out with few points and repeat it often. Now some may think that why to struggle so much instead of sticking to trend and mint money. But that wont work as eazy as thinking.

Last edited: