Day Trading Stocks & Futures

lemondew

At times its good to be fearful and negative. Its fear of things not happening the way you think it would or a doubt in your estimation that puts one in the path of risk management. So a negative talk in a sense is good too. I find your friend STs statements too negative at times.

When I posted many successful traders had no income in first 2 years of trading the first thing he posted was every trader who wasnt positive in first 2 years didnt become a successful trader.

kharikumaar

Your language has a lot of negativity, not conducive to keeping trading psychology in the pink of health. Your self talk needs to improve. There is a book, if you are interested..
couple of things
thanks for your observation, but the point is this was a continuation of a discussion from yesterday and i guess my sarcasm does not carry the way i intended.
i do know about trading psychology and feel it is reasonably in control, else i guess my many years of trading and finally taking it up as a profession would not have been possible. I do make reasonably good money from it

Of course if my sentence framing conveys a negative feeling to the others in the forum, i'm sorry, i'll alter the way i write

lemondew

In my opinion the frustration pushes you to improve. In the short term it could also be a one off scenario which can make you see a good system as not so good.
couple of things
thanks for your observation, but the point is this was a continuation of a discussion from yesterday and i guess my sarcasm does not carry the way i intended.
i do know about trading psychology and feel it is reasonably in control, else i guess my many years of trading and finally taking it up as a profession would not have been possible. I do make reasonably good money from it

Of course if my sentence framing conveys a negative feeling to the others in the forum, i'm sorry, i'll alter the way i write

couple of things

You are taking it otherwise. I am just trying to help. Language... The way you even talk to yourself, plays a role so humongous, that you have no idea. If you say to yourself that I don't have a way with limit orders, it creates and enforces a negative pattern in your subconscious mind, that limit orders don't work for you. You may be right too, but it should be backed by facts. And if facts prove that your system is not suited to buying dips, don't try to put the orders in the first place, as it is against the facts presented during backtesting.
A successful trader needs more of trading psychology sometimes than a newbie
Just my humble opinion.

couple of things

And I meant negative feelings for your own self brother. My post is meant only for your wellbeing.

At times its good to be fearful and negative. Its fear of things not happening the way you think it would or a doubt in your estimation that puts one in the path of risk management. So a negative talk in a sense is good too. I find your friend STs statements too negative at times.

When I posted many successful traders had no income in first 2 years of trading the first thing he posted was every trader who wasnt positive in first 2 years didnt become a successful trader.
I always give real picture and not go on giving false hopes that go on trying...trying......and one day you will be successful......Trading full time and making money enough to run the house on trading income is not meant for everyone .I think I said if someone is not successful in trading in 4-5 years, the chances of his success are low......if someone finds this statement negative....so it be, it is his problem ...truth is to be told in plain and straight forward way .

But now digging up this after a long time, you are showing how positive you yourself are...........be positive and happy my friend.......

Smart_trade

kharikumaar

i know what you wrote was intended for my well-being and am thankful.

Trading is an extremely lonely profession and needs all the help they can, the intention of this forum is precisely that. since i too have undergone trying times in my initial trading days i am also here with the sole purpose of offering what little i can to better the profitability of others , even one person.

the point i was trying to make is. the conversation was a continuation of a discussion from yesterday and hence the post was with the sarcasm which probably was misconstrued .

i do understand your concern and do not have such negative outlook at all as percieved. i am not trying to get back at you .
And I meant negative feelings for your own self brother. My post is meant only for your wellbeing.