Day Trading Stocks & Futures

One problem an investor faces is that there are may be 200 stocks which go up in a year on various considerations, good results,cyclical nature etc and we cannot possibly buy all of them...we cannot buy even most of them. We have to buy 10-12 or may be 20 stocks and make our portfolio returns from them. So we have the filters such as quality of management,earnings growth,sector leadership,visibility of growth path in future etc.So based on these we buy say 15 stocks and 5 stocks from future leaders so total 20 stocks.....all 20 stocks dont do well....3-4 go bad.....3-4 give average returns,6-8 give above average returns and 4-6 stocks become multibaggers......that is how the portfolio returns are made.....

The new investor thinks that he should have all winners....not possible as a trader cannot have all winners , he will have few losers too...as long as losers lose less money and winners make much more money than losers, the investor makes a good returns on his investments.

Though the above is common sense, it is not appreciated by most....so posted to bring it out clearly.....

Smart_trade

I have been getting this stock a lot in last 1 month since december for intraday. I dont know much about fundamentals but looks like something there in budget for this one. I just realised from aug-- september last year its kind of nearly doubled in less thane 6 months
Tractor sales have improved in last few months...tractors, fertilisers,irrigation companies always go up before the budget and stocks like ITC get hit....

Smart_trade

One problem an investor faces is that there are may be 200 stocks which go up in a year on various considerations, good results,cyclical nature etc and we cannot possibly buy all of them...we cannot buy even most of them. We have to buy 10-12 or may be 20 stocks and make our portfolio returns from them. So we have the filters such as quality of management,earnings growth,sector leadership,visibility of growth path in future etc.So based on these we buy say 15 stocks and 5 stocks from future leaders so total 20 stocks.....all 20 stocks dont do well....3-4 go bad.....3-4 give average returns,6-8 give above average returns and 4-6 stocks become multibaggers......that is how the portfolio returns are made.....

The new investor thinks that he should have all winners....not possible as a trader cannot have all winners , he will have few losers too...as long as losers lose less money and winners make much more money than losers, the investor makes a good returns on his investments.

Though the above is common sense, it is not appreciated by most....so posted to bring it out clearly.....

Smart_trade
AND it depends on over all economy too.. it would near impossible to bring pro folio in green in 2008 crash .. so overall economy should hold ..

Smart_trade
so i decided and going to wait ( i expect personally mkt to reach 17k this year ) .. but that is not the criteria .. i will wait even for a decade for mkt to loss 40 to 50% from its recent peak .. then go and buy great blue chip to get 10 times in 10 years..

mohan.sic

so i decided and going to wait ( i expect personally mkt to reach 17k this year ) .. but that is not the criteria .. i will wait even for a decade for mkt to loss 40 to 50% from its recent peak .. then go and buy great blue chip to get 10 times in 10 years..
Plan for a contingency scenario if it happens, why wait for it with hope to take advantage.

If and when the market corrects by 40-50 % you will not buy there because you will keep waiting for another decade for the market to drop 40 % more from the bottom and you will be convinced that the market can never come up......but keep waiting...patience is a great virtue.....

Everyone to go by his own convictions....

Smart_trade

checkmate7

I have run out of fuel... :)
sold IOC, BPCL, HPCL, RIL
Just before you fill your tank let me remind you that IOC has result today so hope you don't get bad fuel :p