Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Yes, many people have to maintain laarge accounts, so credibility matters. Probably 25lakh minimum fund requirement for interactive brokers account is too less..
Its not 25L, maintenance balance requirement is just about 30-35K (500 USD)

I myself had delayed opening account with them due to these kind of wrong information floating around . . .

Once, we talk to them we know their requirements are not so stringent.

However their TWS is quite complex, it takes time / efforts to get familiar with it

Large account holders are much more concerned about better trading platform,with very few problems while trading,good backoffice,reliable and honest service and financial soundness of broking house and Depository ....Rs 500 per year brokerage or getting larger leverage from Bajaj Fin is not on their wish list........

I had an account with Interactive Brokers and in my 3-4 years of trading with them I dont remember more than 2 instances when their terminal had a problem....in all these years I never contacted their customer care even once....we want such reliability.....not like other brokers that you make a complaint, a service ticket is issued to you and nothing happens for days togather.....

Smart_trade
Not using them for very long, but agree very reliable platform.

On the other hand its too complex . . .
Well, basic stuff of entering and executing an order, we can start from day 1
but when it come to explore/use the kind of features and capabilities that are built in platform
one needs to really spend lot of time/efforts . . .

have started using a few order types like one cancels other,
but even looking at the number of order types available
(with even a few algos thrown in) is quite overwhelming :)

sridhga

Is anybody using the premium news services like Business Standard Premium, ET Prime, or Moneycontrol Pro? Has this helped you in any ways? Which one is better with your experience? I am exploring these options. Please let me know if there is anything else worthwhile.

Its not 25L, maintenance balance requirement is just about 30-35K (500 USD)

I myself had delayed opening account with them due to these kind of wrong information floating around . . .

Once, we talk to them we know their requirements are not so stringent.

However their TWS is quite complex, it takes time / efforts to get familiar with it

Apart from maintenance balance they also required liquid asets/networth ( in the form of bank FDs,nifty bees etc but excluding house,land ,property etc ) to the extent of R 25 L before opening the account and also furnish the proof of 25 L assets every year....I have submitted such proof at the time of opening the account and few more times.....

But dont know if they have changed the liquid networth rules in last 1-2 years ....they have drastically reduced their brokerage too....

Smart_trade

Apart from maintenance balance they also required liquid asets/networth ( in the form of bank FDs,nifty bees etc but excluding house,land ,property etc to the extent of R 25 L before opening the account and also furnish the proof of 25 L assets every year....I have submitted such proof at the time of opening the account and few more times.....

But don't know if they have changed the liquid networth rules in last 1-2 years ....they have drastically reduced their brokerage too....

Smart_trade
For cash /spot market they have lowered this requirement for liquid net worth
I opened a FnO account so not sure exact net worth rules for only a NSE cash account
But they still are very big on compliance and we need to submit all the relevant documents,
in my case they even had queries about some old RoC compliance on my DIN,
so they are very through in this account opening process.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
On the earnings front, as many as 272 companies will declare their results for September quarter which include names like Aban Offshore, Adani Ports, Alembic, Alkem Laboratories, Balrampur Chini, Britannia Industries, Coal India, Hindalco, India Cements, Jindal Stainless, KEI Industries, Kolte-Patil, Mahanagar Gas, NHPC, NMDC, and Rolta India, etc. among others.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
India's second-largest commercial vehicle maker Ashok Leyland on November 8 reported a massive 92.6 percent year-on-year decline in its net profit at Rs Rs 38.9 crore for the second quarter ended September 30, 2019.

Public sector lender Bank Of Baroda's July-September quarter profit jumped 73.2 percent year-on-year to Rs 736.7 crore despite a sharp increase in provisions. The growth was driven by other income, net interest income (NII) and pre-provision operating profit (PPoP).

IDBI Bank narrowed its losses to Rs 3,458.8 crore in the quarter ended September 2019 from Rs 3,602.5 crore in the same period last year. Elevated provisions and higher operating expenses dented profitability.