Day Trading Stocks & Futures

siddhant4u

Well-Unknown Member
https://economictimes.indiatimes.co...-on-derivative-trade/articleshow/71991889.cms

Sebi’s cross-margining move to ensure big margin benefits on derivative trade

So, if you have a portfolio consisting of a long Sensex futures position and a short Nifty futures position, one of those positions would typically be in profit and the other in loss, thus the overall mark-to-market settlement for the portfolio would be close to zero.

The margin requirement would now drop from approximately Rs 2.15 Lakh to Rs 0.65 lakh, resulting in a reduction of around Rs 1.5 Lakh or 70 per cent on the portfolio.

Does anyone here trade Sensex futures? Is it even a thing? Liquidity is usually low, no?

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
low bhai, mainstream media me bhi aa gaya ab...

https://www.business-standard.com/a...joins-zero-brokerage-team-119110800357_1.html

Bajaj Finserv turns up the heat in broking; BFSL joins zero-brokerage team
Discount brokers such as Zerodha and 5Paisa.com already have ultra-cost pricing models with zero brokerage and flat fees of as low as Rs 10 for intra-day trades in the cash and derivatives space
Good, now our TJ friends who have thousands of Bajaj twin shares will surely benefit.

@Smart_trade I was trying make graphical representation of some of the stocks.do you think the following way of looking at it good enough.Is there any thing that I can add. The following is an example for HDFC Bank

View attachment 38565
View attachment 38566
Good representation.
On sales growth you can draw a horrizontal red line at 10 % and on ROE at 15 % to indicate the minimum the stock has to give consistantly....
You can plot NPAs also for banks and NBFCs.

Smart_trade

I was trying to gauge TJ member shareholding based on interest in the news of Bajaj's entry into brokerage business...
So far they were not getting a reliable and sound broker...now with Bajaj Finance entry they will invest large sums of money.

Smart_trade

vivektrader

In persuit of financial independence.
So far they were not getting a reliable and sound broker...now with Bajaj Finance entry they will invest large sums of money.

Smart_trade
Yes, many people have to maintain laarge accounts, so credibility matters. Probably 25lakh minimum fund requirement for interactive brokers account is too less..

Large account holders are much more concerned about better trading platform,with very few problems while trading,good backoffice,reliable and honest service and financial soundness of broking house and Depository ....Rs 500 per year brokerage or getting larger leverage from Bajaj Fin is not on their wish list........

I had an account with Interactive Brokers and in my 3-4 years of trading with them I dont remember more than 2 instances when their terminal had a problem....in all these years I never contacted their customer care even once....we want such reliability.....not like other brokers that you make a complaint, a service ticket is issued to you and nothing happens for days togather.....

Smart_trade