Day Trading Stocks & Futures

TracerBullet

kyun bhai aaj bhi trading karni hai kya :cool:
Mock trading may or may not happen depends on what exactly exchanges are testing
Just some testing, yeh mock trading randomly hota rehta hai, never get to use it when i want.

-----------

Biggest problem i have always faced with laptops is that over time dust accumulates over fans/vents and cpu/gpu starts heating up and performance is degraded. Dont know if there is any way around that. With desktops atleast i can clean up the fan easily ( every 3-6 months with default intel fan), but its not so easy with laptops.
But otherwise, laptop is ideal for trading due to battery backup.
I will also have to buy one in future as backup, but no idea what to buy. Probably will go for cheaper full hd ones.

Last edited:

mohan.sic

Thanks Mohan bhai, bhagvan ka grace.. I remember you told me initially that one cannot survive as a fulltime trader with just candlesticks and patterns. I thought i could make it, but market proved yourself right. Quitting job for trading is not a good idea, especially if one doesn't have backup or another source of income... For me this was my exit strategy. But it was not a bad attempt..i learned many things conversing with all here which I could never even have thought of in my usual situation... And everyone gave me respect for being a fulltime trader. I'm not going to stay off, endless learning...
We have a flood of information. Traders like us, In pursuit of success learn everything that looks fancy.
We read or hear something in a website or a book or from a wise man on tv. Because we do not know what that new information/method is, we will believe in it. In this process we accumulate lot of information which is useless. Unlearn these things.

Why I said we cannot make it with candle sticks, is not because it is not powerful enough to predict.
I said it because, fundamentally a Candlestick is not a tool for prediction. I know this view is contradicting the whole lot of information available on internet and books where every candle pattern has a predictive meaning. And Its not limited to candle pattern, many other popular things we hear on daily basis are incorrect.
They will fail the test of reasoning.

What ever learning you do ahead, apply logic and reasoning. This will save time & money. All the Best to you.

XRAY27

We have a flood of information. Traders like us, In pursuit of success learn everything that looks fancy.
We read or hear something in a website or a book or from a wise man on tv. Because we do not know what that new information/method is, we will believe in it. In this process we accumulate lot of information which is useless. Unlearn these things.

Why I said we cannot make it with candle sticks, is not because it is not powerful enough to predict.
I said it because, fundamentally a Candlestick is not a tool for prediction. I know this view is contradicting the whole lot of information available on internet and books where every candle pattern has a predictive meaning. And Its not limited to candle pattern, many other popular things we hear on daily basis are incorrect.

What ever learning you do ahead, apply logic and reasoning. This will save time & money. All the Best to you.
Yeah !!! we get lot of information,we learn lot of stuff,which got no use in practical purpose in our

Myths in Trading

1. Trading related learning is unending ocean

2. For success we need predictive power

3. Pro's operate with super systems or trading method with high strike rates

4. We have to use our knowledge in TA and take decision on candle stick patterns (if and but clauses in trading).

5. There is no word called trading psychology

Facts

1. Learning in trading is limited ,off course we get unending data and schools, lots depends on practical application ,which we don't check

2. Trading success don't need any predictive power,nor it guarantee super success

3. Pro's use mediocre systems with 40 % strike rate or even less, what matters is volume growth in trading account,MM will be robust.

4. Candlestick patterns ,other subjective will create psychological road blocks and we end in no were,making a mechanical system with back test is only way ,but its takes lot of time..

5. Trading psychology is ultimate and we need to do lot of psy drill to carry our own designed system without excuses

ncube

Well said, one should never blindly believe what we read or hear from experts, even if the expert/guru is a successful trader. One should always verify the claims by doing own research and analysis. Based on our years of experience we would have built a certain belief and confidence in our system and that is a fact as we have verified it and learnt from it. However learning something new is always good, keeps you updated on the latest developments, however if the new learning is contradicting to our belief system we should be extra careful, do not accept it unless you have done extensive research and identified the exact reason/logic why it contradicts our earlier understanding.

For example its a popular general statement that one should not average losing trades, but this would not be applicable to all systems, if one is using trend following or momentum strategies then yes, one should not average down, however if our strategy is mean reverting/value based investing, this may not be true.

Hence we should always understand the context and accept new facts only if the new logic is in sync with our belief system. But one need not stop learning, however learning something new should be with the idea of extending our knowledge & skill and not to tamper with our current working strategies or belief system rather it should complement it.

i have a slightly distant opinion than yours. we traders are in the business of predication only. use any other word for it bias, expectation etc etc. when we enter a trade we expect/predict it to work in our favor. every single tool/ method/ works we the premise of profitability, which is what in plain and simple term "prediction" (% may differ of each method/system).
the biggest myth for me is, what is the position of the mkt/trend etc "AS OFF NOW". there is nothing like as off now, as off now trend is up and price is at support with pin candle - we are predicting that price may go up.
problem is not with candlestick or patterns or crossovers, problem is most ta traders fail due to lack of foundation of technical analysis (i should say rule based foundation). and you are right saying loads of unlearning need to be done at an intermediate stage of trading career to be successful.

i always do my analysis and trading with expectations/prediction. mkt may either reject it or accept it. if rejected my sl/tsl will hit. but if majority of time my expectations are in line with mkt i will come out profitable. key is knowing its a,"game of probability prediction".

this is how i do my business of trading. and its not the only way but of mine.

Yeah !!! we get lot of information,we learn lot of stuff,which got no use in practical purpose in our

Myths in Trading

1. Trading related learning is unending ocean

2. For success we need predictive power

3. Pro's operate with super systems or trading method with high strike rates

4. We have to use our knowledge in TA and take decision on candle stick patterns (if and but clauses in trading).

5. There is no word called trading psychology

Facts

1. Learning in trading is limited ,off course we get unending data and schools, lots depends on practical application ,which we don't check

2. Trading success don't need any predictive power,nor it guarantee super success

3. Pro's use mediocre systems with 40 % strike rate or even less, what matters is volume growth in trading account,MM will be robust.

4. Candlestick patterns ,other subjective will create psychological road blocks and we end in no were,making a mechanical system with back test is only way ,but its takes lot of time..

5. Trading psychology is ultimate and we need to do lot of psy drill to carry our own designed system without excuses
point 3 : what is meant by 40% strike rate ? a toss of coin have 50% strike rate ..