Day Trading Stocks & Futures

sanju005ind

Investor, Option Writer
I agree with all of that. I think there is a slight misconception here.By here I mean in this forum.The word discretionary trading is taken as indiscriminate trading.There are many discretionary traders who have set of rules and follow it. Just making rules and following does not make it mechanical.(Unless you have automated it.) There are highly successful discretionary,manual and hybrid traders. Discretionary traders use multiple techniques to guage the market.The way it opens and behaves in the first 10-15 mins and then how much it retraces and then they go for the kill in the afternoon pressing the accelerator. So Depending upon a persons personality they will become discretionary or manual (Algo).

(the nagpur hotel in pune, is very famous for saoji cuisine)
Having stayed 10 months in Pune sadly I know only two routes 1 office(Kharadi) to home(Wagholi) and home to railway station. Else most of the time I keep reading books or analyzing charts.

Last edited:

Riskyman

Discretion = Judgement, preference

Discretionary trading simply means using your judgement when required. For Example. your method triggers a buy signal but RBI policy is due next hour. Here you use your discretion/judgement whether to take or leave the trade. Or simply deciding to close a profitable trade EOD even though your method has not triggered a cover position yet is also using one's discretion.
As @sanju005ind rightly said discretionary trading doesnt mean indiscriminate trading aka tukka trading.
All forms of trading needs rules for entry/exits and other things.

Mechanical trading is when you simply enter/exit trades which are triggered by your method wihout paying any attention to emotions/events or any kind of external factors. For example. If there is a buy signal triggered, you take the trade even if there is a RBI policy due in one hour . Or hold a trade overnight because your system has not triggered a book profit signal yet.
Basically mechanical trading is akin to automated trading except its handled by the trader himself like a bozo and not by a computer.

checkmate7

Awsome!!
Where can I watch the highlights pls?
May be youtube dont know about any channel showing highlights :) ....At present medal presentation left still going on....

checkmate7

Wah bhai very great achievement.
PV Sindhu had tears in her eyes after listening to the national anthem...It was so proud feeling :)

Ashes!!