Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Lanco Infratech was 80 in 2008 :eekk:. now it is delisted.
Sub-broker of Alankit bought 204 shares of Lanco Infratech, 1400 shares of Rattan infrastructure, 700 shares of Kwality , 35 shares of Raymond in my father's demat .
now all of them are either penny stock or delisted except Raymond.

I came to know about these shares when I saw NSDL yearly demat statement.
My father dont have access to his trading and demat account as the passwords, mobile no. email id all are of that sub broker in both these accounts. That guy used to trade daily in his clients account to generate brokerage so for all the clients accounts the mobile no. in address given was his no.
5-6 years ago that sub-broker has left this business as he got govt teacher's job.
I sent email to alankit for mobile no and email id change in my fathers account but they did not replied.
When I said to my father to ask password and login id etc from that guy , He has not shown any interest. Maine kaha Aapka paisa jab aapko koi matlab nahi to mujhe kya padi hai.:banghead::banghead:
My father has no interest in share market and he opened demat and trading account only as he had 60 shares of SBI given as employee and govt directive was to demat these. when the demat opened in 2010 then SBI share price was 2700 so 2700 x 60 = 162,000 was total value.
Now 10 years later it becomes 20k :hilarious::hilarious: . FD mein bhi 3 lakh ho jata.
Bhai the Sbin example was an eye opener. That is exactly what I am saying with regard to equity investing.

It is very easy to dismiss off saying these are all bad stocks in hindsight but who would have then thought of the same with respect to DLF and RCom not becoming potential multi baggers after so much hype and hoopla when it launched?

Rcom was not at all a bad name in that list. It was a Ambani company, even after the split happened it had tremendous brand value and sentiment. A middle class salaried guy is the most gullible person unfortunately and equity investing sadly plays with the sentiments in a bad way.

Everything is fine when things are rosy but trouble starts when things go downhill. No body would say DHFL was a bad stock, not before Sep 21 anyway when it was being endorsed by Sharukh Khan and is the chief sponsor of Mumbai Indians IPL team. It was being considered as one of the gems until things started going really badly from there. On Sep 21, it lost 60% of its value in a single intraday session. How would someone explain that? Bad decision making sorry it is not a potential multibagger? No.

Unless someone was an insider it was tough for a normal and ordinary office goer Or any other typical long term investor to exit the holdings.