Day Trading Stocks & Futures

Anyone doing option sales (rather than buying) on this board ? One of my ex-collegues used to do it .. and now he's a big guy..
.. eventually option buying is riskier than option selling... e.g. instead of buying CE in upmove, better to sell PE :) .. so in case of slow upmove / sideways, on is still at profit :)
Sorry to disagree, option writing is rather riskier than buying options and option writing require a large amount for a trade than buying options.
and do remember, one makes money in market (only) when he is on right side (though exceptions are always there)

Raj232

Hello experts..Today in Nifty..paper umberlla is formed...this is formed in upward rally..means hanging man. Hanging man indicates...bearish pattern will about to happen. Means short trade to be intiated.. Am i right??

Help me to understand i am reading the candle sticks patterns correctly??
I'm no expert... but ... Candle stick really is old method, there is no guarantee that market will reverse.. trend change cannot be measured with candlesticks nowdays. There is no likelyhood of 1 more red day, after the hanging man candlestick. .. That's what I feel .. !! Maybe experts can comment :)
Only tomorrow will prove whether the setup was correct or not .. (large red candle is not likely as per me ) :) .. possibility of not more than 0.5% fall on closing basis. However it is possible we see a small green candle on Banknifty !!

Currently all US / European indices are in red :
1559072368043.png

amrutham

Sorry to disagree, option writing is rather riskier than buying options and option writing require a large amount for a trade than buying options.
and do remember, one makes money in market (only) when he is on right side (though exceptions are always there)
Agree. Option selling is dangerous and you need to know what you are doing.

But if done right, the probability of getting profit is more compared to option buying.

In option buying you get profit only when underlying movies in your direction with in the required time period. In all other scenarios (slow movement in your direction, sideways, movement in other direction ) premium decay helps option writers.

TraderRavi

low risk profile
RBI policy, budget key for mkts; Sensex to range between 42K-43,300 by March 2020: Kotak Securities
'We expect Nifty to range between 12,500 and 13,000 by March 2020 (average around 12,750). In bull case, expect Nifty to range between 13,000 and 13,500 by March 2020 (average around 13,250),' Rao added while discussing market outlook post election.

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...0-by-march-2020-kotak-securities-4033301.html