Day Trading Stocks & Futures

you are right sir, but

" all the great opportunities " happen to be great only if they ended up happily :)

And " all the great opportunities " before they happened, will also have proportionate risk associated with them.

Coming to you point, " It always looks as a great opportunity at the end, when we dint ride the boat.
And Even if I am on the boat, the odds of cashing in that great opportunity is very less.

We can find ample examples here itself, in conversations like
1) bought PE at 8 rs and exited at 9 rs after 2 hrs. as market is not supporting. But after that the same PE touched a high of 90 rs. ( we feel that we missed a great opportunity when it went to 90. but can we really take it )

2) bought CE at 12 rs and my SL was hit at 10 rs and after that it touched 110. ( again we feel that we missed a great opportunity due to SL.

Missed a great Opportunity is a very common phrase and feeling.
But do we hear things like "Took up the great Opportunity"
When ever I am able to take some money home..it is great ...
remembering missed opportunities result in taking loss making trades..

you are right sir, but

" all the great opportunities " happen to be great only if they ended up happily :)

And " all the great opportunities " before they happened, will also have proportionate risk associated with them.

Coming to you point, " It always looks as a great opportunity at the end, when we dint ride the boat.
And Even if I am on the boat, the odds of cashing in that great opportunity is very less.

1) bought PE at 8 rs and exited at 9 rs after 2 hrs. as market is not supporting. But after that the same PE touched a high of 90 rs. ( we feel that we missed a great opportunity when it went to 90. but can we really take it )

2) bought CE at 12 rs and my SL was hit at 10 rs and after that it touched 110. ( again we feel that we missed a great opportunity due to SL.

It's not about missed opportunity . . .

You are consciously deciding not to trade one side (let's say short)
then you will suddenly start identifying these great shorting opportunities on the right side of the chart . . .

try karke dekhlo . . . :)

XRAY27

you are right sir, but

Mohan sir

"Took up the great Opportunity":eek: ,you will never hear in stock market:DD why , Entry, SL, TSL are in your hand ,we cannot control performance of market or the move nor we can qualify a perfect opportunity,every trade will be same and some will perform and many will fail,once loss is small and gain is large we are in ...nothing to worry,can we trade like above ?? , it needs a sold system and psy to cope..

raindrops

I usually write 2 strikes away from CMP. Usually I target to get around 0.04-0.05. Sometimes I get such prices in options which is 3 strikes away from LTP. I write only weekly options.
In the beginning of the week one can easily get options at around 0.03 which is 3 strikes away, and at a margin requirement of 2k, it is 6% monthly return on average.
very educational write up

selling an option for 30rs minus taxes + brokerage = ?
you must be on 0dha so it's 20+20
approx how much is left over after the debits?

soft_trader

very educational write up

selling an option for 30rs minus taxes + brokerage = ?
you must be on 0dha so it's 20+20
approx how much is left over after the debits?
Yes 30 INR. Say I sell 50 lots, the total charges including brokerage comes to less than 50/-. So 30*50=1500 less charges so 1450. Sometimes I let it expire worthless, so that I don't incur any brokerage, then it it 25/- only.

Even if one trades in currency futures, then also the cost is very less, as there is no STT.