Day Trading Stocks & Futures

rahulmalik

You only lose what you cling to.
Oh this no good. I just logged a query with zerodha putting the same question. While i understand the logic behind taking a fresh position, exiting the position shud not be a challenge. Thanks for sharing this :up:

Will update here once they reply.
I got the answer - this is for all those who trade BN options using zerodha - :)

Query
While I understand that I will not be able to take a fresh position due to 15% OI limit, i would like to know that will i be able to exit my already existing position, even if that strike price option is blocked for fresh trades ?
Nov 21, 2018 10:11 Sameer Upendra Bhukebag

Thank you for writing to Zerodha.

Yes Sir, you will be able to square off for your existing positions.

kharikumaar

I got the answer - this is for all those who trade BN options using zerodha - :)

Query
While I understand that I will not be able to take a fresh position due to 15% OI limit, i would like to know that will i be able to exit my already existing position, even if that strike price option is blocked for fresh trades ?

thanks for clarifying. when i had this issue a few months back their limiting factor also covered squaring off. i had 2-3 days of arguments with them, and finally stopped trading. i think they have become so big they are insensitive to small traders now

Query

Then how will the percentage limit will get reduced ?
Even in stocks with F&O Ban, existing positions can be squared off ..it is natural to expect that..this seems a forced locking of trader's position..