Day Trading Stocks & Futures

HDFC advance Tax payment has doubled.....so healthy profits expected.
Its FII stock .... to an extent it moves along the direction of FII fund flow.

But earnings/profit is the ultimate indicator that attracts everyone like a magnet.

I have made mistake of giving up my position with losses. The major emotional factor was fear taken grip on me as ever one shouting of 18K nifty and that noise created Chaos and forces me to exit from short position.
I need to relearn to stick with decisions taken for investments I paid handsomely for learning the same lesson again.
I like following quote.

"Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets ... any sound investment will eventually pay off."
Hatsoff to market and noise generators.

Did not get me the elusive 18000 :) Play halted 17947 spot. What next?
By me a retrace and again upward journey. IT stocks took a beating will wait for correction if at all and then enter.
Auto stocks did its job still some steam left - Tatamotors, Bajaauto and Maruti tested my patience but they finally offered
Tyre well it bounced and back to square one
Metals, twiddling my fingers

Lupin and Gujgas on radar

Respectfully

Interesting weekly play. 1000 points range. Saw a gentlemen building this out - thought why not share over here?
There is something to learn every time.

Note - This is not a trading recommendation I am trying to learn how these pairs will behave under adverse condition if at all

Respectfully

Simulator

1632823001005.png

1632822893387.png

I have made mistake of giving up my position with losses. The major emotional factor was fear taken grip on me as ever one shouting of 18K nifty and that noise created Chaos and forces me to exit from short position.
I need to relearn to stick with decisions taken for investments I paid handsomely for learning the same lesson again.
I like following quote.

"Courage taught me no matter how bad a crisis gets ... any sound investment will eventually pay off."
What you need is a tested plan with actual edge over long sample + correct risk control so that you don't care what happens over next x trades.
Just because market fell after your exit, does not imply that you should have held the position. You can only know the answer to that once you have done your work. Nobody forces you to do anything.

These kinds of regrets after few trades will only increase chances of making a mistake in future. No real learning is possible after 1 trade and you can make any number of resolutions of changing behaviour but its all pointless and waste of time without an edge.

Market is a treacherous place for learning as immediate feedback is cruel. You can do the right thing and lose for some time and you can do the most idiotic thing and make money. But eventually market will balance out.

I don't know why i keep replying to your post, but they always cause me some kind of alarm of a trader looking to get hurt. But anyway ill end it with some links and perhaps you will understand better.

https://adamhgrimes.com/why-is-trading-so-hard/
https://adamhgrimes.com/trading-is-hard/
http://bettersystemtrader.com/188-why-trading-can-be-so-challenging-adam-grimes/

What you need is a tested plan with actual edge over long sample + correct risk control so that you don't care what happens over next x trades.
Just because market fell after your exit, does not imply that you should have held the position. You can only know the answer to that once you have done your work. Nobody forces you to do anything.

These kinds of regrets after few trades will only increase chances of making a mistake in future. No real learning is possible after 1 trade and you can make any number of resolutions of changing behaviour but its all pointless and waste of time without an edge.

Market is a treacherous place for learning as immediate feedback is cruel. You can do the right thing and lose for some time and you can do the most idiotic thing and make money. But eventually market will balance out.

I don't know why i keep replying to your post, but they always cause me some kind of alarm of a trader looking to get hurt. But anyway ill end it with some links and perhaps you will understand better.

https://adamhgrimes.com/why-is-trading-so-hard/
https://adamhgrimes.com/trading-is-hard/
http://bettersystemtrader.com/188-why-trading-can-be-so-challenging-adam-grimes/
Dear TracerBullet,
It comes from gut so what you say is absolutely fine helpful for others.
I am very open about my mistakes and put it , Many may are traveling on same road but may not want to admit mistake or foolish action.
Thanks once again.

Hi All,
As per NSE Market wide position Limit report, it seems below two scripts are also under F&O ban for tomorrow:

View attachment 46819

However, it seems Open position in above two scripts is less than 85% of respective MWPL, then why are they covered under ban for tomorrow?
I was under assumption that, if open interest for any script goes above 95% of its MWPL at EOD, then it is placed under ban list and taken out from ban list if open interest slides below 85%.

Are there any additional rules, etc. or any other relevant factor that I have missed? Request your inputs on the same. Thanks.

Aman1

Guys with the SL-M orders blocked my broker(fyers) says cover orders and BO are no more available in F&O . So, How do one place a stop loss now?
SO no trading from the charts (drag and drop feature gone)

Last edited:
I like following quote.

Did you quit your investment positions ? there was no need.Investors have absolutely no problem so far as they are always ready for 10% dip which may come anytime. I thought you were stuck in a short position in Nifty and the position was against the then prevailing trend, so you held on in hope and finally quit when the pressure became unbearable.......so the market has made you believe in a wrong way to trade.

Your position was against the trend and then you did not have a sound stoploss and risk control in place ...now the market has come down does not mean that you should have held on to the positions which were bleeding your trading account.Dont get that wrong thought in your mind...that is a landmine waiting to be exploded......

Hope you will take the above in right spirit....it is given only with your good in mind.

Last edited: