Day Trading Stocks & Futures

travi

hdfcamc showing strength over the original tgt of 3K from 2300s. looks like atleast 10% of room up and pretty far from ATH of 3600 zone.
Still a good buy.
This was a trade i believed in and took at 2990-3000.

hdfcamc did the 10% to 3300+. Booking part. trailing at 3200 bcos 3500 also possible.

Last edited:
Last 2 days was pretty messed up and bad for me as i lost 40 % of my capital in index options,i do intraday .
I have been trading fulltime from almost 3 years now and still not able to break even.
Everytime i feel like i understand the game now,big drawdown happens like this happens.
Not sure how to deal with it as i am very tired and have started feeling to give up now.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Last 2 days was pretty messed up and bad for me as i lost 40 % of my capital in index options,i do intraday .
I have been trading fulltime from almost 3 years now and still not able to break even.
Everytime i feel like i understand the game now,big drawdown happens like this happens.
Not sure how to deal with it as i am very tired and have started feeling to give up now.

40 percent of capital in 2 days. Stop trading intraday first and go through last 10 years of data thoroughly. It is gonna take you few months alteast.

Romeo1998

do not give up, most of the traders only need a little bit of tweaking in their trading style.....
for now stop trading, but dont forget abt ur financial goals....
learn coding.... backtest ur current strategies or other different strategies...
either completely automate it or semi automate it....
u will b amazed how easy n peaceful trading is once u automate repetitive tasks...
good luck... dont quit, just take a pause from trading n come back stronger :)

Yeah. It's about not being to stop the losses, getting frozen up when the red shows.

Who is your broker ? Are you able to scalp for small amounts ?

Yeah. It's about not being to stop the losses, getting frozen up when the red shows.

Who is your broker ? Are you able to scalp for small amounts ?
I Trade with FINVASIA.

I am basically a scalper not holding for more than minutes,but after analysing my trade logs i figure out that if i mange to hold my winning position for more time(Say hours),i may make a fortune in a day.

I started doing the same from last weeks ,but there was no long trend and they mostly reversed (i understand there was bull run,but they were not quick enough to benefit in options) making my small gain into big loss.

Your risk management is completely broken if you can loose that much so quickly.
Best to stop and reevaluate. Have trade / loss limits per day and over longer periods. Ideally backtesting should indicate possible max DD and then you should be comfortable with 2x of that in live. And selling option has a different profile vs normal directional edges, so better know options thoroughly if you sell.

Also not everyone has to be a trader, people with lack of control or gambler instinct can make a mess. There was a guy named TamilTrader long ago in this forum around the time i joined. He lost all of his stuff in trading.

You can make money elsewhere and just stay invested in indices/mutual funds + have some asset allocation plan. That might give you 10% annualized over long periods ( 10+ years). That's not so bad, we can do better but atleast you can have that - if you can buy/sip and hold ( and really hold.. ).
After break, if some day you feel like trading again, then you can retry remembering your mistakes.