Day Trading Stocks & Futures

10% otm strangles will not even make 0.8% a month.
Here is the backtest for "only" 5% otm strangle. They fare worse than putting your money in a FD - even without the March drawdown!!
Of course, you can time the markets and correctly predict the Vix path and potentially make more :)
EnbF-ofVQAAZFsr.jpeg

Last edited:
Some welcome decisions by RBI panel recommendations:

1) Corporates are allowed to apply for banking licence..... L&T,Bajaj could show interest. Reliance already has a payment bank licence...they can go for lending bank after 3 years. We need some good corporates to get into banking and run the banks efficiently. We need few more solid private banks than HDFC Bank and Kotak Bank.They should keep the group companies at arms length while lending to make better corporate governance. But this will be extremely difficult to monitor as corporates will find ways and means and structures to help their own companies ,so strict rules necessary.

2) Promotors holding in private bank increased to 26% from 15 % currently.

Smart_trade
Not good. More Yes banks in the future. Profits are privatized and Losses are socialized

With Nifty at around 12900 level, December 11500 put and 14000 call gives 26 + 19 =45....one can adjust the strike price depending on his view and how much the market has run up.....so 32-35 points one can get. In Nov I got Rs 37...so it was 2% on my idle capital.

Last edited:
Not good. More Yes banks in the future. Profits are privatized and Losses are socialized
Yes bank was not a case of bank backed by any corporate group.....it was a case of bank lending to its relatives for money never to come back ,but that can happen in any bank with corrupt management ,so we need more controls on lending to related entities/group companies.......

Yes bank was not a case of bank backed by any corporate group.....it was a case of bank lending to its relatives for money never to come back ,but that can happen in any bank with corrupt management ,so we need more controls on lending to related entities/group companies.......
Problem is not what did yes bank do. Problem is it happened for so long and everyone was asleep on the wheel. While i hope for the best for everyone , history does not give much confidence on this .

Problem is not what did yes bank do. Problem is it happened for so long and everyone was asleep on the wheel. While i hope for the best for everyone , history does not give much confidence on this .
Agreed, that is why we need more monitoring and stricter regulations ( inspite all these some accidents will happen, but do we say Expressway gives more chances of accidents so let us not have expressways ? ) The solution is more safety measures, strict monitoring so that problems are spotted at initial stage and not when the bank goes belly up....

Agreed, that is why we need more monitoring and stricter regulations ( inspite all these some accidents will happen, but do we say Expressway gives more chances of accidents so let us not have expressways ? ) The solution is more safety measures, strict monitoring so that problems are spotted at initial stage and not when the bank goes belly up....
Comparison of those two is wrong . Accidents on expressways do not affect lakhs and lakhs of people and while chaos in financial system does. I would prefer to lean on conservative side on this issue. Better to strengthen and make sure current established banks run better than rather to create more.

Comparison of those two is wrong . Accidents on expressways do not affect lakhs and lakhs of people and while chaos in financial system does. I would prefer to lean on conservative side on this issue. Better to strengthen and make sure current established banks run better than rather to create more.
Ok...we agree to disagree...I want many strong banks if our economy is to grow. Existing bank infrastructure/manpower is rotten...they cannot be repaired. The money put in recapitalisation of these banks is tax payers money down the drain.

My old relative has accounts in Bank of Maharashtra, Bank of India...and I never get their passbooks updated because either their system is not working,printer not working, passbook printing machine is out of order.....banks cannot have reliable systems and hardware to support its operations. Attitude of the staff is as if they are doing a big favour to the customers and customers are big headache for them...I have closed most of these accounts and have opened them in HDFC Bank,Kotak Bank,Axis Bank......

Last edited:
Ok...we agree to disagree...I want many strong banks if our economy is to grow. Existing bank infrastructure/manpower is rotten...they cannot be repaired. The money put in recapitalisation of these banks is tax payers money down the drain.
Every time banks(public or private) are in trouble , they are always recapitalized by taxpayers money anyway. we have seen that around the world so that hard could hardly be the reason for starting new banks.

If current banking structure cannot be improved because it is rotten then there is no way new ones would not repeat the past .Running away is not the solution here .

Every time banks(public or private) are in trouble , they are always recapitalized by taxpayers money anyway. we have seen that around the world so that hard could hardly be the reason for starting new banks.

If current banking structure cannot be improved because it is rotten then there is no way new ones would not repeat the past .Running away is not the solution here .
I let you have the last word on this discussion......my last post on this topic....