Day Trading is it worth ?

Dunno if any of you caught an interview on CNBC last night, on the Dow Jones trading floor with a day trader who is in the market since 46 years... it was amazing. Will search and YouTube and post the link if it's there.

I am daytrader.

Never picked up a delivery in life.*
Never traded derivatives in life.

I just want to say my species exists.

*(Exception=once forgot to sq up 1000 RIL @340 something.sqd up next morning)

oilman5

who says daytrading is not profitable?
yes it is not for everybody
but for me its natural . there is definite scanning method for candidate for tommorow.
market condition........up/down/volatile
........next volume study.....
so u r ready...........on actual move start in particular direction put money.........hold as long it suit u
a detail analysis given in www.stockpicksindia.com

Day trading is a full time bussiness. Which needs proper methodology and practice. If we can catch up good stocks with proper timings you can always make reasonable profits. And lossess are their but how much you can loose in a day. Also there is something called Stop loss to protect your loosing money.
Over a period of time still you are loosing either something wrong in selecting a stock . Or you should just keep away and look for another bussiness.
Rahter than trying to recover you lost money by another trades.

U

uasish

Mitigating the Down side Risk of Equity should be the prime focus.Actually this is a subjective view becoz of ........... Once - bitten - twice - shy.

Why most find daytrading difficult is because of the disciplinary part. IMO it is easier than swing trading in the sense that reality dawns faster- really fast!

musicjunkie

Daytrading! I have accepted its not my cup of tea but I follow intraday Nifty everyday.
will search moneycontrol for that interview with that American day trader.

Great post!
MJ--

AE says

Markets are the most entertaining places on the face of the Earth. They are like a card game, a chess game, and a horse race all rolled into one.
Trading is the most exciting activity that a person can do with their clothes on. Trouble is, you cannot feel excited and make money at the same time.