Day Trading Futures

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirav_j

I had kept the setting on dont recycle setup. As per that it gave a combo 13 on 7.7.14 @ 7787

When I clicked recycle setup, it doesn't show a 13 on 7.7.14, but for tomo IF tomo close higher than today.

Let's see how mkt pans out tomo ...

Global financial events wise MKT keenly awaiting fed minutes for rate hike timeframe clues on Wednesday..

Dow up 170 ,Nasdaq up 43...but I was expecting some big FII buy figure today...but it is modest Rs 473 Cr net buy..

ST

Hi ST da
I have observed from my little experience that not a single intraday method works every day on every condition.markets cycle between ranges & directional trends through all time frames.Should we need a different method for every kind of market condition?means should we trade range market from a diffrent method which has been designed for range & trending market from a market which is useful for trending market?
If we can do that, but problem is that we cant predict will it be day range or trendy? even after some time ,we realize that its trendy or range, then also we dont know when will it change its condition on even same day..can we take help of adx..I mean if adx is below 20..till then we apply method for range days & when adx will go above 20 & rising ,then use trend method..please guide
Thanks

Hi ST da
I have observed from my little experience that not a single intraday method works every day on every condition.markets cycle between ranges & directional trends through all time frames.Should we need a different method for every kind of market condition?means should we trade range market from a diffrent method which has been designed for range & trending market from a market which is useful for trending market?
If we can do that, but problem is that we cant predict will it be day range or trendy? even after some time ,we realize that its trendy or range, then also we dont know when will it change its condition on even same day..can we take help of adx..I mean if adx is below 20..till then we apply method for range days & when adx will go above 20 & rising ,then use trend method..please guide
Thanks
Hi niftytaurus,

I find that using ADX delays the entry.

Yes we definately need different methods for trending and sideways markets...I used to trade these markets differently but few days back got confirmation from article by Dr Van K Tharp...he says biggest cause of losses is that traders use same method in trends and sideways markets....so what they make in trends is taken away by losses in sideways.

Most of the days will be sideways...so start with assumption that the day will be sideways and soon the market will tell you that it is trending so shift to trend method...

Consider todays market...it was trending right from the beginning...it never came below +1SD band.....leave alone VWAP and -1SD....so even if you change the mode a bit late still you made good money...there are many tell-a-tale signals like market does not dip more than 10-12 points and the dip gets bought immediately...and makes new high etc...so today was buy on every opportunity market.

All good traders have to understand when the market changes its mode from trend to sideways and vice versa...

Smart_trade

I found that few people struggled to get a good entry in todays market.I have posted one entry technique which is my favourite when I have to get into a running market....today there were many signals on this entry method and 1 went bad ( hit small stoploss) rest all worked well . We are considering 5 min TF here.

The post is given in the link below.

http://www.traderji.com/day-trading/72827-thoughts-day-swing-trading-part-2-a-51.html#post866801

Smart_trade
Tks ST da.. great input as usual. How do we filter gaping into previous supply level.. e.g. today, the 9.30 close was at ~15225 which is a very visible pivot on 7th Aug from where there was a gap down on 8th Aug. Do you follow any method or practice to identify possible such demand/supply levels?

Tks ST da.. great input as usual. How do we filter gaping into previous supply level.. e.g. today, the 9.30 close was at ~15225 which is a very visible pivot on 7th Aug from where there was a gap down on 8th Aug. Do you follow any method or practice to identify possible such demand/supply levels?
Hello Sr_TA

I am not sure whether I have understood your question properly but all important visual pivots are supports/resistances level. But support/resistance is a rolling concept...so if the market gaps at the previous resistance or supply level, then we have to see how it negotiates that supply area...if it could do that with ease, then the supply level is overtaken and market trends up.

If I have not answered the question, post question with chart...I will try again...

Smart_trade

Status
Not open for further replies.