Day Trading Futures

Status
Not open for further replies.

LivetoTrade

XRAY27

P-1 or 2 Bars Entry

Today I will share an entry technique which is my favourite entry technique for getting into a trend move, Many times we either miss an entry in a trend move or we get out in between and we want to enter again with small, predefined and controlled risk.

The chart is attached. Here market was in uptrend, it opened with a gap up and after a bit of correction, the uptrend resumed and we want a low risk entry in this uptrend.

Here we locate a small pivot low. And our entry in long trade is above high of the bar which is one bar earlier to pivot low bar provided it is higher than the pivot low bar high, else we go 2 bars earlier.

I have marked 5 places where market gave us a low risk entry shown by blue lines. The stoploss is at the low of the pivot low bar....and you are hooked into a trend...enjoy the ride.

This is an entry method....it is NOT a stand alone trading system....please use it as an entry method only.

The method is based on the fact that an uptrend is made up of higher pivot highs and higher pivot lows and if we keep stops at a pivot low, it will not be hit in a strong uptrend, and if it is hit, it means that the uptrend is weak and we better get out instead of hanging around in a market which is not trending strongly. It is based on sound trading principle and hence this entry technique has more than 75-80 % success rate and is my favourite.....This entry is a great entry for adds even if we are already in trend. It gives low risk add points.

Mirror image to get into a downtrend.....

Smart_trade

Addition : I am purposely posting old post which has a chart and which clearly explains the technique.I could have posted todays chart as well with markings. But now anyone who wants to learn can open todays 5 min NF chart and see the entries on that chart with Stoploss places and whether succeeded or failed. This will give real learning else If I post todays chart, people will read it and then add one more tool in their many systems they have and then that is all...and this is posted for new guys who are srtuggling to get good entries with small stoploss giving a high RR...this is not for experts who need no methods...

Dada ,

i have this image in color along with some more price action which you discussed in your closed thread and as well as in this thread..which made me to improve my success rate and management of risk to very large extent...
nice home work for new guys........:)

Last edited:

manishchan

P-1 or 2 Bars Entry

Today I will share an entry technique which is my favourite entry technique for getting into a trend move, Many times we either miss an entry in a trend move or we get out in between and we want to enter again with small, predefined and controlled risk.

The chart is attached. Here market was in uptrend, it opened with a gap up and after a bit of correction, the uptrend resumed and we want a low risk entry in this uptrend.

Here we locate a small pivot low. And our entry in long trade is above high of the bar which is one bar earlier to pivot low bar provided it is higher than the pivot low bar high, else we go 2 bars earlier.

I have marked 5 places where market gave us a low risk entry shown by blue lines. The stoploss is at the low of the pivot low bar....and you are hooked into a trend...enjoy the ride.

This is an entry method....it is NOT a stand alone trading system....please use it as an entry method only.

The method is based on the fact that an uptrend is made up of higher pivot highs and higher pivot lows and if we keep stops at a pivot low, it will not be hit in a strong uptrend, and if it is hit, it means that the uptrend is weak and we better get out instead of hanging around in a market which is not trending strongly. It is based on sound trading principle and hence this entry technique has more than 75-80 % success rate and is my favourite.....This entry is a great entry for adds even if we are already in trend. It gives low risk add points.

Mirror image to get into a downtrend.....

Smart_trade

Addition : I am purposely posting old post which has a chart and which clearly explains the technique.I could have posted todays chart as well with markings. But now anyone who wants to learn can open todays 5 min NF chart and see the entries on that chart with Stoploss places and whether succeeded or failed. This will give real learning else If I post todays chart, people will read it and then add one more tool in their many systems they have and then that is all...and this is posted for new guys who are srtuggling to get good entries with small stoploss giving a high RR...this is not for experts who need no methods...

Every time we get one way rally.. Dada or someone re-posts this. This would hv got posted more than 20-25 times by now in TJ.. ;) :D :lol:

The prob is.... how come some of us still tend to forget this great method ;)

pratapvb

Pratap Sir,please share this auto mp-vp marking AFL

thanx
have already mentioned that it is a persona AFL created with lot of effort

Status
Not open for further replies.